What's new

About light body or muscle bruise/injury

Perhaps a minor point, but maybe your fitter will have another look at you after a month or few?
Definitely! During the fitting on the dummy bike I tried 400mm handlebar and it felt better but he told me there is no need to change because he think the improvement will be really miniscule to warrant the cost, he also give me few points to take note so next time if I'm back for fitting again we can work from there!

One point that I'm not used to yet so far is the new saddle position (10mm to the front), I remember the specialized mechanic told me that they will never recommend moving the saddle and always try to keep it at center because they believe it will change the feel of ride (center of something... I can't remember) so not sure if that is related. But again, maybe I will get used to it or if I can't during the next fitting maybe I'll ask to see if reducing the stem length by 10mm can compensate for that so I can move back the saddle to dead center.

Thank you!!! Now to train more and more!

position of the saddle needs to be considered only in relation to your feet, i.e. crank length, pedals and cleats etc. you should never ever adjust fore-aft saddle position to accommodate your reach to the bars. that part should solely be done by stem position and length, and possibly handlebar change. the fit needs to go from the feet up. once you get the cleat position and the feet fixed, that will determine the saddle position. these two should then be fixed, while any and all adjustments to the reach and height of the bars etc are done solely at the front end

position of the saddle needs to be considered only in relation to your feet, i.e. crank length, pedals and cleats etc. you should never ever adjust fore-aft saddle position to accommodate your reach to the bars. that part should solely be done by stem position and length, and possibly handlebar change. the fit needs to go from the feet up. once you get the cleat position and the feet fixed, that will determine the saddle position. these two should then be fixed, while any and all adjustments to the reach and height of the bars etc are done solely at the front end
Ya, I think this is what the specialized mechanic told me too. The LBS fitter might want to avoid me spending money so he moved the saddle instead instead of making me buy a new stem, or it is because I'm still using flat pedal so its irrelevant? I'm not sure too haha.

yeah otherwise your shoes can have different sole thickness, you'll always place your feet slightly different etc. for now I'd say the most important thing is to get a generally good fit and diminish or remove any discomfort/pain. you can dial in things later if/when needed

Back
Top Bottom