What's new

A Happy Ending, or This Should Happen to Every Bike Thief

"We are now looking for a 30-year-old man with a torn shirt, a possibly sprained ankle, as well as road rash."

crash+plus+one+1.jpg

Another bike theft happy ending:
Saw this on Velonews today today
Editor:
I wanted to bring your attention to a story about how a determined bike commuter and racer got his stolen rig back. My Specialized Tricross S-Works was stolen three weeks ago. The LAPD didn't offer much hope. But the cops and others offered some advice on what to do — and most of that advice involved using the latest in social networking and electronic want ads. Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and Yahoo Groups were all employed. Meantime, I made a routine of checking eBay and Craigslist.
The efforts paid off. About 10 days after the theft I found a posting on Craigslist advertising my bike. The LAPD was then convinced they had to move and move quick if the bike was to be recovered and if they were going to make an arrest. A sting was set up, the bike was recovered and three people were taken into custody.
I also work in the media (the police did not know this) and one of my reporters persuaded the LAPD to take him along for the bust. The following link has the material we prepared for our radio station:
http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/stevengregory.html
Michael Clarke
Los Angeles, California

Back
Top Bottom