What's new

9th Fuji International Hillclimb

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Registration for the 2012 Fuji International Hillclimb just opened!

This legendary race will be held on Sunday 17th June and climbs the Azami line on the east face of Mt. Fuji from 850m to the goal at 2050m.

Official Home Page
http://sunday-sunday.net/race/2012/0617fujisan/2012AzamiLine_ol.pdf

Registration is open from today until 25th of May.
https://jtbsports.jp/events/events-detail.php?id=1507

Naomi-san will provisionally book 2 rooms this week in the Ougiya ryokan (200m from the starting area!) One for us and another for other TCC members who want to stay. Please post on this thread by the end of April if you want a place in the ryokan. Cost is approx 8,925 yen/per person including 2 meals.
http://ougiya.me/

Hope to see a good crew from TCC at this race.
Alan W.

I am thinking about joining this race! I am having trouble with the registration though, I need to make an account with the website before I can apply for the race?

Thanks for the heads up on this Alan. Just signed up. Would it be possible to stay with you and Naomi again please?

Wonder why they've switched to JTB rather than Sportsentry - and who has a home phone number these days? Had to make that up....

Don't forget team name: TCC

Just signed up! This looks exciting. Can anyone tell me about the course?

This is in fact the steep one.

Fuji International course is up the Azami line, 11.4 km with an average gradient of 10% and sustained 22% sections further up the course.

The "other" Fuji hillclimb is organised/sponsored by Funride magazine and the route goes up the Subaru line; about 22 km, average gradient 5%.
Both are held in June, some years they have been on the same day!

Bring your climbing gears!

I think I'll do the 'other one' this year (swap each year). It's a little kinder on fixed gear and longer (which I like). Plus more Onsen locations available. The Azami Line is a great, hard ride and I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it's not very suitable for family viewing and other fun stuff. It's really a hillclimber's hill climb.

This is in fact the steep one.

Fuji International coure is up the Azami line, 11.4 km with an average gradient of 10% and sustained 22% sections further up the course.

The "other" Fuji hillclimb is organised/sponsored by Funride magazine and the route goes up the Subaru line; about 22 km, average gradient 5%.
Both are held in June, some years they have been on the same day!

Bring your climbing gears!

OOps Sorry! pain and suffering in large measures!:eek:

Well then I guess I should get a granny gear for my cassette. I doubt I would finish in a 39-23....

Registered

I am in for this one! I wonder why..:warau:

UPD:
Naomi-san, I would like a place in a ryokan too! Thank you for taking care of this.

I think I'll do the 'other one' this year (swap each year). It's a little kinder on fixed gear and longer (which I like). Plus more Onsen locations available. The Azami Line is a great, hard ride and I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it's not very suitable for family viewing and other fun stuff. It's really a hillclimber's hill climb.

Unfortunately the 'other one' closed for signups two days ago (March 26), see this thread. I didn't sign up for that one either, but may go back there on my own once it gets warmer up on the mountain or maybe we can do a social ride some time. I really enjoyed my ride up there last October.

I have a place on the other one (3 June). First time for me so can anyone recommend any accommodation? Thanks, Basil

Dear TCC warriors

I booked 3 rooms at Ougiya or扇屋旅館 provisionally.
Room1 is for men; estimated 6-7 people.
Room2 is Alan and me.
Room3 is Patrick and his family.

The owner kindly offers 8,400yen/each included 2 meals which is 500yen off from regular price. Kids who are under12years old are 6.300yen/each.

Please let me know if you want to stay at Ougiya.
Ougiya is the nearest ryokan to the starting point also you can take onsen after the race:p

Confirmed
1.Lee
2.Seruguei
3.Alan
4.Naomi
5.Eugen
6.Mike
7.Takaaki
8. Dave
*1 more guy available
and Patrick and his family.

Let's enjoy the most painful punishment in the name of Mt.Fuji Hillclimb race:p:p:p
I usually don't want to see Mt.Fuji for a while after the race:warau:

Regards Naomi:)

Too bad I will be on vacation at that time, no "painful punishment" for me :eek:

Naomi-san & gentlemen, could I also stay at Ougiya ryokan please? With 2 meals and onsen included, it sounds like a very good deal...not to mention being part of such a great company :)

Too bad I will be on vacation at that time, no "painful punishment" for me :eek:
Isn't it a punishment already if you miss out a chance to join such a painful punishment?:angel:

Eugen

Thanks for the alert Alan. I have signed up. I am going to drag my family along again. Despite the chilly fog last time even my mother in law wants to come and watch this year. So, thanks Naomi for offering accomodation but will try to book somewhere myself for the clan:)
I think on 39x23 I would never make it to the top so if you did I would be mightily impressed::eek: I am planning on 39x28.:warau:

Naomi, please put me down for the ryokan. I won't pull out like I have done with Kusatsu;)

I am glad to know more TCC guys will race this time than last year:)
Should I be a cheerleader rather than a racer:eek:? That would be more fun to see your struggling faces:eek:

>>Thomas, Steve, Dave, Takaaki, Tim and Pete.
I do look forward to shering the painful time with you.

>>About the accommodation''扇屋''
It's still two and a half months before the race, so It should be still available to get one more room for 4-5 people, so just let me know!

Naomi:)

Back
Top Bottom