What's new

9/14 The 6th Sponichi Shiohara Onsen Hill Climb JCRC Race #8 (Tochigi)

Let me know if you need any help as I will also be racing the S-Class race here.

Sorry for not replying earlier only just spotted it.

Won't be doing this one, but I'm looking into the "last Z race of the year" in Gunma CRC next month.

Z-class is an endurance race, if thats your thing then cool go for it. But if you are looking for stage race and riding in the Peloton I suggest you sign up for the X-class classification race.

Z-class is an endurance race, if thats your thing then cool go for it. But if you are looking for stage race and riding in the Peloton I suggest you sign up for the X-class classification race.

The beauty of the Z class is that if you are not fit or have little experience on the course you don't spend a lot of money for the race and have to get off the course when you get lapped...

Lots of people do one or two laps in the class races and basically it's a waste of a whole day.

For me, (not a climber) if I ever do a Gunma or Shuzenji race it will probably be Z class. Winning a Z class race is still a great achievement. At least you get value for money.

I've never raced on those 2 courses and not looking forward to even in C class. I should have given them a try years ago...

I think I confused X and Z. Also, I just thought it was interesting that the #9 JCRC race happened to list itself as the last Z race of the year.

I've never raced on those 2 courses and not looking forward to even in C class. I should have given them a try years ago...

Actually Gunma is great, beleive it or not Im not a climber either but the climbs at Gunma are ones that you can get your rythmn going and just snake up them.

Shuzenji I love it and hate and I guess Im a little sick in the head to actually say I enjoy it. I think its a case of forcing myself to race a course I hate and then actually do ok on it.

Funny as my JCB debute is at Shuzenji!:mad:

But as Edogawakikkoman states winning the Z-class race is a big acheivement in its own right.

I was just checking the details for Gunma on October 17th on the JCRC website.

http://www.jcrc-net.jp/race10/1009yoko.html

I want to do a road race before the Japan Cup on the 23rd. I was thinking the Gunma event might be a good alternative to the JBCF in Wajima on the same day.

My question is, can anyone enter? I've never done JCRC before but I want to do as long a ride as possible, so I guess the Challenge 100 would be the one to choose (if it's possible)?

Any advice much appreciated!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Anybody can enter a JCRC event. Best to register online first and get a registration number for yourself.
You will need to allocate a team as well which may also have its own seperate #. No problems if you start a new team name.

https://www.jcrc-net.jp/new_player/apply_sid.htm

Then fill out the online entry form for the race.

https://www.jcrc-net.jp/online/login.htm

May have to pay at a post office. (I haven't done a race since 2009 in June so may have changed a bit).

Andy.... no need to even have a team registered as there are many riders that race the JCRC that don't have a number.

Also explain that you are a TR rider in the JCF and then enter the S-class and you can pull me round the course and then lead me out for the sprint finish :D

Thanks for the info guys and Edogawakikkoman I sent you a PM to say thanks for helping out Joe from Kashiwazaki too.

James, enter the S class? Is it possible to do that? Would love to try! A beer a lap is all I'd charge! Seriously though, that would be good to try and ride together.

If not, I was just thinking of getting some friends together and just riding hard in a 100k race.

Andy

Seriously ..... you will need to call them and tell them that you wish to race and that you are TR level rider...... just don't take no for an answer.

Are you sure 1 beer per lap? Thats 17 beers!

I thought if we did 3 laps as a warm up, that would make a nice round 20! I'll take Monday off in advance!

I'll call up and ask then...

Andy

PS, like the bit about not taking "no" for an answer

Awesome!

Tactics..... you ride slow enough for me to keep up but fast enough to drop everyone else :confused:

We contest the sprint and then drink lots of beer. :beer:

James, not sure I have the legs to do that. Certainly don't have the legs I had in May. I've been focussing mostly on hillclimbing since then. I have a hillclimb on Monday and after that I want to focus on getting some speed practice - hopefully my wife will agree to a bit of motorpacing. Ever tried it?

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2009/09/motor-pacing.html

http://www.jyonnobitime.com/time/2009/10/motor-pacing-3.html

Great training for road races. Hopefully my engine will be firing on all cylinders come October!

Good luck in the race tomorrow. A friend of mine is racing, Kenta Endo (Team Fins), a good wheel to follow if you can.

Looking forward to reading the report.

Andy

Consecutive results today:

14th over all in the Hillclimb TT
13th in the S-Class Hillclimb race

Another 151 points to the series enabling me to build on my lead. 3rd place is my biggest threat now although I have a good lead on him.

Next stop Gunma!

Tsukino placed 2nd today putting in a valiant effort!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get down the mountain for Tsukino's race so not so many photos so if your team mates or fans upload any of us please let us know!

Back
Top Bottom