What's new

Ride 7/13 SOTO (South of 20) Ride

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I'm continuing this series:

Time of Depart: 0730 ( a little earlier than before)
Length of Ride: Max 5hrs (target)
Course: Variations of 100-150km in the Western slopes
Pace: Solidly intermediate / tempo (3-4w/kg)

The Rulez:
1) Obey traffic signals.
2) No half wheeling.
3) Pack your own tire repair stuff and know how to use it.
4) No 'pulls from behind'.

I'll even have some PowerTap wheels available if anyone wants to use them on the rider as a shameless self promotion to buy one some day.

Couple more things --

1) Weather. I'll do this regardless the weather. Hot, Rain, etc.
2) Please use lights. Especially along the river trail and smaller rindos these help visibility and warning.

We used to say you were half wheeling if you didn't ride handlebar to handlebar and always had half a wheel a head when riding beside each other. Not sure if that is the meaning intended here or not. But half wheeling is generally not a good trait as it forces the pace up and also makes it easier to link bars or other problems.

Last week it was from 'Yanokuchi', a station/district neighbouring the Tamagawa psychopath and very close to where Tim lives. No further clearer directions were posted, were they @GSAstuto?

I would be interested to know whether you're planning five hours out and back or five hours over the hills and far away with a train back. Either is fine - just want to know.

@Mike - 5 hrs total riding time. I 'might' look at train back destinations. Or choose routes that allow bailouts at that time point.
@Soma - Here 432 Yanokuchi, Inagi-shi, Tōkyō-to, Japan 35.640554, 139.521042 Actually the Lawson Mart which is very popular meet point.
@Musashi - Someone is generally there for drop-offs, etc. But I typically close on Sundays/Mondays so we can get some riding in.

Depending nature of the Typhoon dump, I might choose either rindo-ish ride for this Sunday or more endurance-flattish ride. There's also about 100km of 'Tama Hills' to explore in various ways.

And lastly - I will take a couple of these days to visit the Kawasaki track. So, if you have a track bike, then we'd just meet at Yanokuchi, load the bikes and drive to the track for a day there. If you dont have a trackbike, I do have a couple extra for loaners.

Last edited:
Hey that's my usual meeting spot for some Sunday rides. No fair! If all goes well, I'll be there at least for part of the ride.

And lastly - I will take a couple of these days to visit the Kawasaki track. So, if you have a track bike, then we'd just meet at Yanokuchi, load the bikes and drive to the track for a day there. If you dont have a trackbike, I do have a couple extra for loaners.

Hope my schedule match. Would realy like to try the track, though I would need a loaner bike.

@Mike, thanks - they all look the same to me.

Hello Tim,

I will meet you in the morning if that's cool. I will be there at 7.20. I will be riding a bike that is branded "Diamond" if you see me looking lost. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pete

I'll be there @ 0715. Bike bag is optional - I'll be returning by bike, myself.

Great ride and grueling tempo thanks to Doug! Felt good getting home, drank some chocolate milk, ate a pizza and have spent the last 4 hrs puking my guts out! Anyone else catch a stomach bug along the way?

Back
Top Bottom