What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! 54cm 2010 Gios Vecchio

hat and beard

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
This was my first road bike. It has been lovingly abused for the past 4 years. Am selling because it is much too small for me (definitely not my real saddle height pictured below!).
It has lots of minor dings and scratches and some decals are missing and the wheels could use a really good truing and the headset and hubs could definitely use a servicing. Selling as is! Makes for a great beater or fixer upper. Bottom bracket has recently been replaced.
It's tricked out with a mysterious 175mm Shimano crankset, 48-34 chainrings, early 90's Shimano 600 rear derailleur, Tiagra front derailleur, old Shimano 105 brakes, a lovely 110mm Velo Orange stem, 44cm handlebars, 8 speed 13-26 Shimano cassette, Dia-Compe friction shifters, MKS pedals (I will hang on to the toe clips) and a white Selle San Marco Zoncolan sadddle (not pictured). Rims are mystery Mavics and tires are 26mm Panaracer Tourer Brevet Edition.
Seat tube is 54 centimeters. 54.5 cm top tube.
The bike has been through 2 minor crashes with no major damage done.
Asking 20,000 yen. Pick up in Sodegaura, Chiba preferred. Will deliver elsewhere for price of train ticket out and back (about 3,000 yen for Tokyo).
image.jpeg
EDIT...
This is a tig welded 4130 frame. Gios currently sells the same frame under the name "Vintage".
Damage close up thumbnails edited in by popular demand. The decals are outside the clear coat for some reason, which is where most of the problems are. The white tape on the seat tube is covering up where a large portion of the decal peeled off. No paint is missing under the tape.
damage.JPG damage2.JPG Damage3.JPG Damage4.JPG Damaged5.JPG

Last edited:
Interested for a buddy. Is it just a 4130 Chromoly frame?

And would it be possible to get some pictures of the 'damage' you mention?
Here or PM is fine by me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom