What's new

4iiii Precision Power Meter

Sikochi

Maximum Pace
Sep 13, 2010
This has been mentioned before, but for those interested, you can pre-order the power meter through Clever Training, kinda sponsor of DCRainmaker for 10% off at the moment using the code below. FYI, I used Clever Training for my Kurt Kinetic as they offer very low shipping prices if you are prepared to wait for the snail option.
If more than one person on the site orders it, you could reduce costs further by sharing the calibration kit.

DCR10WHP (that's a zero, not an 'o')

Whoa, nearly pulled the trigger on this then saw expected delivery for feb next year.

Fortunately came to my senses and will wait for the early adopters to do the beta testing.

Good idea, stay well away from these kind of "pay for it now while we are still trying to scrape together funding to make what we are promising work properly."
I've seen a bunch of these companies totally fail after collecting money all over.

I did an FTP test using both 4iiii and powertap. The 4iiii readings are about 10% lower, which could be due to leg imbalances.

My only gripe so far is the battery life. 2 weeks before they need replacing. Me and the 2 guys who I bought with are on our third batteries already!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Thanks for the update. That does seem rather short, but I guess it depends on how much you're clocking up on them in those 2 weeks. Does the battery door seem like she'll last all those changes?

I found the same battery in stages to last 2 to 3 months. Maxwell are apparently the best lithium batteries. Mine has a 7-11 battery in now, so that might last even shorter.

4iiii asked for feedback so they know about it.

Also I forgot to mention income tax. We got billed 7200 yen in total for the 3 units.

Andy

Forgot to mention the battery door. It's a different design to stages. You can open it by hand. I was never a fan of coin opening plastic doors. Ruined a few polar hrms down the years...

Andy

How's that power meter treating you Andy? You've had it for quite some time now. Battery life is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on it right now.

Check their facebook page. Battery life seems to be an issue.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/4iiiicom?fref=ts

I reckon the battery doesn't go into sleep mode, so instead of getting 200 hours of riding time, you get 200 hours of real time.

Will be interesting to see if they can fix it.

I used it for Tokyo~Itoigawa and it was good for the post race data analysis. Done some intervals with it too.

Values are less than powertap. But they are consistent, which is the most important thing.

Andy

Thanks. Not much info about the battery issue but hopefully you are right. Good to know it was well rain tested too during the Tokyo-Itoigawa.

Do 100 yen batteries seem to last as long? Be a shame to spend all your savings on batteries.

Seems all the new players are pretty much following the modern approach to new technology product release. Rush to market before effective testing or design, use the initial capital to redesign into an effective product.

Back
Top Bottom