What's new

4 hour enduro and bike demo

EricinIkebukuro

Speeding Up
Jan 30, 2011
Hey all!

I just got news at work that y's road is having a sport bike demo and a 4hour enduro race in saitama. It's gonna be on October 29th. The entry fee is 6300 yen per team(max is 4 people). I'll post more info once I translate it but if there's anyone wanting to join the race I'm looking to put a team together real quick. Let me know if you wanna join!

Where abouts in Saitama?

Is it the course they used for the Tokyo Enduro next to the Arakawa?

Eric i would just post the Japanese first, we can figure it out.
Where and what time is most pertinent. Cheers

The Motegi 7 hr Enduro is on that weekend, with the 4 hour enduro on the Saturday (29th). Not Saitama though... :confused:

alright I just got back from work and here are the details! They aren't on the Y's road website just yet but once i get to a scanner I will put the flyer up here.

Event: Y's International 9th annual Y's Cup lakeside 4 hour Enduro.
Course: the course is a 5 km circuit around the lake at Toda City green park.

Registration: Registration is from now until october 16th. At your local Y's shop they have a registration form. Entry fee is 6,300 yen per team(maximum of 4 people per team). I already have a form so if some of you guys wanna join me I can fill it all out for us and turn it in (My manager will only give me that day off if the team name is my store name I hope you guys don't mind).

Race catagory: they have a classification for every class of bike. I would assume we would join the road bike or road pro challenge depending on how we feel.

Also we get to meet a professional rider by the name of Fukui Hiderou ( I think I got that right) as well as other reps for Bridgestone, Colnago and Cannondale. This will also be a bike Demo so there will probably be some new bikes for us to drool over.

If you are interested let me know, and once again I will put up a PDF of the flyer as soon as I can!

Yeah, I am interested.

Let me know what your plans are for assembling a team.

So a Solo riders is ok?

According to the info, yeah. You still have to pay 6300yen though, which makes it a diseconomy.

Winning makesit worth it.... by the time you do a 4 man turn around you've lost about 5 laps minimum.

Interesting - they have a 'piste' class. Is that a fact, Eric? If so, I may enter it. Can you verify? And I hope that means <real> piste - and not bikes with brakes.

likewise, interested to see there is a piste class and same question as Tim... Also wonder if there is any possibility of getting a piste team...?

QS - I'm in on this, if you are. I may be able to pull a couple of the local track guys as well. And of course there's our resident ringer, Gunnar.

Tim, thanks for luring me out of hiding. This is just about the right treat to do so. Hopefully I will get the remaining stitches removed tomorrow, marking it two weeks of the bike.
This looks like a great event and cheap to boot, but the inaugural track race at Shuzenji CSC is on the same day -> hard to decide.

Why doesn't TCC just sign up 5 two person teams with fantasy names and matches proper teams on the day? Wasn't that our consensus after last years enduro?

I can confirm there is a fixie class but I cannot confirm the brake situation. I've look and looked but can't find anything that says "no brakes, no race" but I would assume that they would require them for this event.

OJ: I am open to anyone joining the team. I just hope we would be able to ride a few times before the event to train a little bit. If you wanna join me just send me a pm. There is just basic info needed for the entry form.

Cool! I am jus looking at this as a serious 'fun ride' to rep for later <real> enduro, if we do that again. Agreed - 2person team is plenty. Then we have multiple teams to work together - and won't lose time on the transitions.

So, tentatively - put my name in the ring for:

TCC - Team FG 1 And maybe we can do junken to see who gets paired with whom??

Tim, thanks for luring me out of hiding. This is just about the right treat to do so. Hopefully I will get the remaining stitches removed tomorrow, marking it two weeks of the bike.
This looks like a great event and cheap to boot, but the inaugural track race at Shuzenji CSC is on the same day -> hard to decide.

Why doesn't TCC just sign up 5 two person teams with fantasy names and matches proper teams on the day? Wasn't that our consensus after last years enduro?

is anyone familiar with the course? I'd tentatively be up for joining a FG team as long as the other member(s) don't expect to win or place. are there any special equipment rules? I'd like to do this in full-on fakenger gear — huge messenger bag, jeans, walkie talkie, alleycat cards in the spokes, latte in the bottle cage...

Hi Patrick - how about:

(Team Options)

Team 1 - TCC 'Fakenger' : Must have full spec (Blue Lug) kit. I'll donate my old Akematsu (complete with chopstick repair) for a rider, if they want. Snagged Dickies, Checks and fake tats a must!

Team 2 - TCC 'Mankini' : Borat stylin! With glue on stache, etc. Riding pimped FG with the deepest drops possible and fake discwheels with Pamela Anderson Baywatch image. And of course - 'The Hoff' in the background.

Team 3 - TCC 'Keirin' : Regulation NJS bikes, GP shorts, Helmets, etc. And , to spice things up - Tire Hiki warm-up.

Back
Top Bottom