What's new

4 hour enduro and bike demo

Urgent update!!!!!!!

I was talking to my manager about the track bikes and no brakes issue. All bikes must have 2 brakes to be eligible to race. Please make sure your bike is setup properly.

Also I have heard that Y's Road Shiki store has a very strong team. I really want to beat them because of intercompany rivalry and bragging rights! Shiki store seems to win a lot of races because they have one really strong rider on their team. As a TCC rider and a Y's Shibuya store employee I want to take the challenge against them!

I went down to the course today and had a few laps to see how it all felt. Depending on which way round the organisers decide to go, there is either a nice shallow downhill as part of the course, or a small shallow uphill. Nothing really to note there, but I am interested to know which way round they go.

For those who did the Tokyo Enduro last year, on the same course, which way round did you go?

I hope this is not a spoiler

Hi Eric,

I went to Y's Ochanomizu today and got a flyer about this event.
It' says you must use FREE WHEEL if you are riding pist or BMX in this event.
(ピスト・BMXは前後ブレーキ装備・フリーギア仕様とします)

A staff gave me this flyer when I bought a tire, so the information on this flyer shouldn't be old.:(
Please ask your manager about this.

(Team Fakenger might be okay with this regulation...)

Thanks, Takaaki san - yeah, it's a spoiler (for me). Might as well wear a mankini and ride a scrapper bike. 'Piste' by definition is NOT a freewheel - and in fact, more dangerous to ride. WTF - we have to have 3 BRAKES now? How about adding on fenders, drag chute, full face helmet, airbag .Total lameness. Sorry I'm not going to rise to my lowest level of ability.

Sorry i didn't reply to this thread over the weekend, Quicksilver. the truck door that hit me bounced be into a taxi and both my arms got pretty jacked up. i was in pretty bad shape for the last 2 days but things are looking better as of today.

Please PM me your contact information (I'll send mine, too) so we can try and work out a signature exchange and the registration process.

EricinIkebukuro, can you provide some clarification on the fixed gear category? the event page says there's a PIST category but the entry form says single speed. if they're requiring a freewheel i'm out because i don't have one i can throw on and don't plan on buying one just for one event. The entry form also says that the race won't be on a closed course, which don't sound like fun for 4 hours.

Patrick, sorry to hear about your accident. Doesn't sound good. How bad are your injuries? Hope you will recover soon and well.

Tim, why not just enter with your road bike and enjoy it as a race where you can actually stand a chance of winning?? I saw a huge difference on Saturday between the Tim I used to know on a fixie and Tim the road bike ex-pro!

WTF - we have to have 3 BRAKES now? How about adding on fenders, drag chute, full face helmet, airbag .Total lameness. Sorry I'm not going to rise to my lowest level of ability.

Yes can you please.

Patrick, that sounds like a scary accident! Glad to hear you are making such a quick recovery. I must admit, I couldn't have imagined that "pist" meant freewheel plus brakes. :eek: It sort of takes the fun out of the event for me...as Tim also amusingly pointed out. I sent details to Tim (did that work?) but I'm having second thoughts now, especially if you two aren't so keen ...;)

@Patrick - dude! take it easy out there! hate to see you get banged up anymore before the riding season just starting. Really? They will run this on an open road, traffic and all? Hmmm, then can see no reason whatsoever not to simply poach it. Maybe I'll make a cardboard taxi fairing with swingout door and just ride the swarms of cyclists 'dooring' them.

the description on the entry form seemed to say that there would be crossing points for traffic at least. so the race won't have exclusive use of the entire course. it would be great to get some clarification on open vs closed course and whether fixed gears will be allowed in the pista class.

it sounds like the park is open to all..... which if it is, is an accident waiting to happen :(

I have talked with the powers that be and pleaded for fixed riders, but they are holding firm. pista's will need brakes and freewheeling gears... I am so sorry. And Yes Y's cup does not have exclusive use of the path so we must be careful. I am starting to wonder myself what this event is really gonna be like....

thanks for the update, Eric. looks like I'm going to have to flake on this event. I'd ride a freewheel if I had one but I don't and don't really want to pick one up. sorry, quicksilver.

maybe we can do some kind of parallel event?

Eric - please tell your superiors that 'PISTE BIKE' by definition DOES NOT HAVE A FREEWHEEL AND BRAKES. And to continue to use that word in conjunction with basically glorified mama-charis is both offensive and misleading.

And furthermore - Piste just means TRACK, it doesn't mean BIKE! I hate this generalization and continual misuse and gerrymandering of terminology. A Latte is NOT an Au Lait, for example. And a MAKKU is NOT McDonalds. Nor is Grand Royale a Quarter Pounder!

Dio Cane!

I have talked with the powers that be and pleaded for fixed riders, but they are holding firm. pista's will need brakes and freewheeling gears... I am so sorry. And Yes Y's cup does not have exclusive use of the path so we must be careful. I am starting to wonder myself what this event is really gonna be like....

Back
Top Bottom