What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

For Sale 35mm carbon tubular wheels - NEW

danny

Maximum Pace
Feb 29, 2008
These were a special order in 2012 from Yoeleo. Lightweight and strong. Paid 50,000 yen.

• New. Never used, never glued.
  • 35mm tubular
  • 24/28 spoke count
  • Light weight: front - 531g / rear - 669g
  • 2 x free hubs, 10sp (Shimano and Campagnolo)
  • Matte black
  • 35,000 yen

Thanks!
Danny

12.jpg
13.jpg
11.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet.

What hubs are they? Look like ED Hubs...

It's been so long since they were ordered that I have no idea. Do not see any branding on them as well. I've attached a few more photos that show the hubs.

9.JPG 13.jpg IMG_2879.JPG

Hubs would be 10-only or 10/11 speed (Shimano) compatible?

If 10-only speed, anyone know if you can get a 11-speed free-hub to go on the existing Bitex EDHubs body?

Depends which Bitex EDHub it is. If it is an RAR9, then no. It is an RAR12, then possibly yes.

@Musashi13 had the same issue before, I think (?)

@danny, can you get some more close up shots of the rear hub, showing all flanges from all angles? We will be able to find out what model they are then, and give Bitex a shout on Skype (they are pretty good to speak to direct).

I had to get a new hub. If, as it is stated above, these are Bitex and that old there is no way to change the free-hub.

I know you can change the hub from Shimano to Campy, but do not know if possible for 10sp to 11sp. Have a look at the photos gents.

IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG
IMG_2912.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG
IMG_2914.JPG
IMG_2915.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG

There are 10 speed. Impossible to upgrade to 11 speed.

For 35,000yen, these would be good (if you want 24/28) for the rims, spokes and front hub alone, even if you have to build an 11 speed hub into the rear.

35,000yen is about how much you pay for 2 FarSports / Yoeleo rims direct from them, including postage and Paypal fee.

If I was going for these, at 11 speed, I would possibly just buy an 11 speed version of the rear hub (Bitex EDHub RAR12), and build that in with the same spokes.

Thanks for the info regarding the hubs!

Making sure that the spoke lengths are the same first is the research you would have to do.

Mine were able to be used on the 11s hub but you would have to be careful and check. not all hubs even from the same manufacturer are the same and being three years old the design may have changed enough for spoke lengths to be affected.

There's a good chance that the Campy free hub is 11 speed, can anyone confirm this?

Making sure that the spoke lengths are the same first is the research you would have to do.

Mine were able to be used on the 11s hub but you would have to be careful and check. not all hubs even from the same manufacturer are the same and being three years old the design may have changed enough for spoke lengths to be affected.

The measurements between the current RAR9 and RAR12 are essentially identical and will allow for the same spoke lengths to be used. As for them being the same between the 2012 RAR9 and the 2015 RAR12; yeah, that needs checking out.

There's a good chance that the Campy free hub is 11 speed, can anyone confirm this?

http://www.bitexhubs.com/htm/products_detail.php?p=5334cce32e595

There is only one Campagnolo freebody available, so if all Campy stuff is 11 speed, and was back in 2012, then I would hazard a guess and say yes, it is 11 speed compatible. That is not the issue here though; the issue here is Shimano 10 to 11 speed.

Back
Top Bottom