What's new

Ride 3 day trip into the Alps on the long weekend July 13 - 15?

Stormy

Speeding Up
Aug 2, 2012
Hey friends,

As part of my prep for Haute Route prep I am planning on using the long weekend in mid-July for a 3 day trip into the Japanese Alps. More specifically I am planning on riding from Gifu to Oume (just not the direct way). It will be epic from a riding, climbing and sightseeing PoV.

Day 1: Gifu to Takayama
Day 2: Takayama to Suwa-Ko
Day 3: Suwa-Ko to Oume

Would be great if some of you are interested in joining, or can share some knowledge about the route I have in mind.

Best,
Norman

Regarding your Day2, I know the area well and cycle there frequently. I'd recommend a couple of small changes to your route. After Norikura you definitely want to take the super rindo. It's much nicer!! Additionally, instead of doing Route #254 on your climb, I'd highly recommend the much quieter and more peaceful climb that I plotted. See here:

Regarding your Day2, I know the area well and cycle there frequently. I'd recommend a couple of small changes to your route. After Norikura you definitely want to take the super rindo. It's much nicer!! Additionally, instead of doing Route #254 on your climb, I'd highly recommend the much quieter and more peaceful climb that I plotted. See here:

Thanks, Pete. I gonna use this suggestion. Glad you helped.

If anyone still wants to join, pls shoot me a private message.

Thanks,
Norman

Back
Top Bottom