What's new

25 front 23 rear tire

koribeyer

Speeding Up
May 29, 2008
I bought a replacement for my rear tire but remembered the size incorrectly. My lbs had only one in stock and now that I've put it on the bike I realize it's 23 rather than 25 like the front.

Will I be ok to ride a day or two like this before I can find another matching tire? I'm kind of attached to the Extenza brand by Bridgestone at the moment (4000+km) on that rear tire and no fishtailing on hairpins ( other than that one crash...)

Is it a problem to run different size tires?

Is it a problem to run different size tires?
I used to run a 25 on the back and 23 on the front. Can't put my finger on why but it would seem weird to me to have a larger tyre on the front than on the back; maybe the notion of more surface area on the road putting my watts into motion.

If I were in your situation I personally would switch them round (10 mins work). But it's not like you're mixing cross-ply and radial on the same axle...

i would leave them as is, no reason at all to worry about it. having the most rubber possible doing your steering and braking is always good and it will soften your ride a little. Try it, I think you'll like it.

Back
Top Bottom