What's new

24hr flu?

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
So I woke up yesterday after not having a good sleep and felt strange,

This proceeded throughout the day, head hurt and very sensitive to sound, body aches, and in the afternoon I was running a temperature. In the evening, after spending the majority of the day in bed, my temperature had gone up a little. Took some Japanese medicine (yucky white, and brown powder) and this morning I a not running a temperature anymore (36.98) but my back still hurts a little.

Obviously this could have been some random bug that messed me up for a day, but I've also read that this can come from fatigue. I feel better than last year, stronger, I'm holding a steady weight, and taking a better approach to nutrition (Hi5 recovery after training and long rides, Hi5 4:1 before long rides, and the usual on-bike food/hydration). I did start a new training program that has been steadily ramping up lately and has me doing two day blocks of which after a long ride I cannot hit the HR thresholds required for the sessions (I know that HR is not the best for measuring effort, but I can't justify a power meter just yet)

Wanted to put this out to the TCC world and see if this has been experienced, and/or any ideas.

Cheers

Yeah, in my mission to become the kind of elite, lonely, tragic euro-racer cyborg that women go insane for, I have had times when I have overtrained and felt like you did. Was a case of easing off a bit, maintaining, then going at it like a tramp eating chips once more.

I reckon in your case though, you are just being a fanny. Get over it.

Yeah, in my mission to become the kind of elite, lonely, tragic euro-racer cyborg that women go insane for, I have had times when I have overtrained and felt like you did. Was a case of easing off a bit, maintaining, then going at it like a tramp eating chips once more.

I reckon in your case though, you are just being a fanny. Get over it.

Well I guess can't argue with my fanny status (whatever that is), but yeah I think I'll ease back for while. I've almost completed the program so maybe just knock off one of the high intensity interval session for a steady-state, or just go into "maintaining the fitness" stages a little ahead of schedule.

Whenever I have felt a bit 'sigh', it has always been after too much training, or when I was coming down with a cold, or whatever. Both things manageable and nothing to worry about if you have a plan you can stick to.

If, however, it is you finally transitioning to fully blown AIDS, which is an equally likely cause of all this, then your next few months are going to be a lot more interesting.

Yeah my training plan has a maintaining phase that is a few weeks away or closer, so I'll look into that

Cool. You got it all mapped out in Google Drive? That is how I keep track of mine. Let's me get really obsessive about the details, which I have been known to enjoy, on the odd occasion.

No I just use Garmin Connect to compare ride details.

Your talking about tracking all the data from training rides etc?

Yeah, I use my Garmin for the actual training numbers, but for the organisation, scheduling, weight, resting HR, BP, etc etc, I put it all in Google Drive which I share with my coach. Definitely a good way to do things, if you are willing to set it all up in the first place.

To be frank, I have not detailed my weight on regular basis, or resting HR, but I will add that when I restart my training.

Perhaps when I get back to Canada I will get a coach to get me to a decent level for amateur races like the gran fondo series

The more info you have recorded about yourself the better, I reckon. Set up a Google Drive spreadsheet, and get building it.

Yeah, then if and when you do enlist the services of a coach, you will already have a load of documented info about yourself you can share with them, for them to sift through. Should end up with a more thorough, and effective (and cost effective!) training plan that way. I am sure all the coaches out there will thank you as they will not have to start from absolute scratch and will be able to quickly get a decent picture of you before they start planning.

Yeah good call, it's always better to have these things documented somewhere to aggregate the process.

Only issue with all this is, I have never come across anyone in the sports world with adequate spreadsheet skills to set up something slick.

Would you, or anyone else, be interested in the idea of some open source Google Drive training spreadsheets?

I don't have the time right Owen, I'm in the middle of studying for final exams.

But perhaps if you start a thread with an example of what your thinking then we could work away at it?

Absolutely. Will start the ball rolling, then leave it open and editable so whoever wants to add to it can.

And LOL at having no time for it, but still posting away on TCC

What are you studying anyway? As far as I know, it is theoretically impossible for a time machine to ever get made, so if, as I suspect, you are studying how to make one to take you back to the day before you got bummed by all those sailors and your life changed forever, you may be wasting your time.

I've actually made significant progress, yet the anal leakage persists....

And LOL at having no time for it, but still posting away on TCC
It's an important form of procrasturbation.
As far as I know, it is theoretically impossible for a time machine to ever get made, so if, as I suspect, you are studying how to make one to take you back to the day before you got bummed by all those sailors and your life changed forever, you may be wasting your time.
It is logically impossible to make one to transport a person back in time. Probably.

Back
Top Bottom