What's new

20h rear hub???

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
This is a bit of a long shot, but I'm looking for a rear wheel hub for my Cosmic Carbone wheels.

The rear wheel has only 20 spokes so it requires a 20 hole hub. These seem to be somewhat of a rarity. I found something that might work on ebay but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas (or any wheels going cheap!)

Cheers,

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Mate What happened to the original hub? Rebuild? If the rim is in good shape you are probably better getting a front wheel built up with it or waiting until the front wheel you have now, breaks, you'll have a spare. IIWM I would just buy a new rear wheel. Tandem hubs come in 40H drillings so if your wheel builder uses every second hole you'll get 20. I have an old Mavic rear wheel (cosmos) in the garage, will check the hub for you tomorrow.

Cheers for the ideas guys. The part I found on ebay won't work. I think I'll buy a new rear wheel. Interestingly, they don't sell mavics singularly in Japan but they do at chain reaction cycles.

Thanks again,

Andy

Akamatsu makes 20h hub - but not sure he has rear version. You could call, though ... If you are going to off your rim, please let me know - I'm interested to build up a new front one. :)

http://www.kobo-akamatsu.jp/

Thanks so much for the poshbikes / akamatsu links.

The hubs seem to be in the 200 dollar / 2 man range so I'll probably go with a new wheel for a 45000 yen wheel.

Thanks again,

Andy

Hey Andy - I'm still interested in the rim if you want to get rid of it! The Akamatsu hub is only 14,000yen and with the CC rim would make a great front wheel for my Akamatsu FG.

You'll be the first to know if I want to get rid of it! I may keep it as a spare though as my front rim is a little damaged after some loon knocked me off at Gunma CSC.....

Andy

Back
Top Bottom