20h rear hub???

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
This is a bit of a long shot, but I'm looking for a rear wheel hub for my Cosmic Carbone wheels.

The rear wheel has only 20 spokes so it requires a 20 hole hub. These seem to be somewhat of a rarity. I found something that might work on ebay but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas (or any wheels going cheap!)

Cheers,

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Mate What happened to the original hub? Rebuild? If the rim is in good shape you are probably better getting a front wheel built up with it or waiting until the front wheel you have now, breaks, you'll have a spare. IIWM I would just buy a new rear wheel. Tandem hubs come in 40H drillings so if your wheel builder uses every second hole you'll get 20. I have an old Mavic rear wheel (cosmos) in the garage, will check the hub for you tomorrow.

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
Cheers for the ideas guys. The part I found on ebay won't work. I think I'll buy a new rear wheel. Interestingly, they don't sell mavics singularly in Japan but they do at chain reaction cycles.

Thanks again,

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Akamatsu makes 20h hub - but not sure he has rear version. You could call, though ... If you are going to off your rim, please let me know - I'm interested to build up a new front one. :)

http://www.kobo-akamatsu.jp/

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Hey Andy - I'm still interested in the rim if you want to get rid of it! The Akamatsu hub is only 14,000yen and with the CC rim would make a great front wheel for my Akamatsu FG.