What's new

2019 Pro Tour

Will be fun when they start uploading videos. My tip is to follow Doi-san on Insta for signs what what's to come.

Was surprised to see Yates crack so dramatically the other day!

Might be wrong but I can't see Roglic losing this, especially with another TT to come.

But yeah, it gets interesting from here in!

Andy

Yeah, I wonder if the climb at the end bothered his knee. It also looked like there was a lot of rain, which can't have helped either.

I agree about Roglic. Oozes confidence at the moment.

Nice to see the new Pinarello Dogmas in the peleton. Those bikes are sick!

Great day yesterday. Tonight also looks like it's going to be really good. Summit finish at 2,000m!

Good day of racing yesterday. I just read they've cut the Gavia for Tuesday, though. Shame that.

1559043058103.png

Still sad there's no Gavia for tonight's Queen Stage, but the course looks pretty nice nonetheless. I'm hoping Yates can do a bit of damage, just to shake things up.

Day off for me tomorrow so I'll be watching the whole thing live tonight:D

Kudos to the J-Rider Sho Hatsuyama @ Giro Italia
Last position for a while in the GC nearly 5 hours behind Carapaz but now only 17s behind Clarke who's just in front of him
He's been twice in the escape group during some flat stages, once by himself, with absolutely no chance to keep it to the final. But this allowed to show himself and his team jersey on TV. And I have heard he became a bit popular in Italy
With three stages left, he should make it to the end.

Was surprised to see Yates crack so dramatically the other day!

Might be wrong but I can't see Roglic losing this, especially with another TT to come.

But yeah, it gets interesting from here in!

Andy

And wrong I was! A combination of bad luck and poor support and it's been turned on it's head.

I'm expecting a long range assault from Nibali either tonight or tomorrow... though I'm usually wrong!

Andy

Heavy night/early morning of sport coming up. First the Giro and then the Champions League final AND then Joshua vs. Ruiz in the boxing. I might as well just sleep on the sofa.

It's got to go off with the GC contenders tonight, right? Yesterday was way too cagey for my liking.

Any takers to chop up the Tour of Cameroon😉?

Giro ended up being a bit of an anticlimax for me to be honest. I was happy Carapaz got the win though. Movistar (to my fairly uneducated eyes) appear to ride well as a unit. Is there any chance they can give Ineos a run for their money with Quintana at the Tour? Personally, I quite liked Pinot when I was watching him at the Tour de l'ain last week.

The Ruiz vs. Joshua fight ended up being the best thing I watched last weekend. Boxing's back!

Ineos will certainly have again their best team at the Tour and will dominate. Not sure other teams will match their strength, maybe Astana and Movistar at times, the usual suspects.
but individually Dumoulin, Pinot or Fulsang will certainly be a threat to Thomas or Froome for the maillot jaune.
Just a forecast, I will not bet on it
The Dauphiné Libéré is next week with some same routes as in Le Tour.
Oh I forgot. I hope Richie Porte will finish the Tour if he is on the Roster

Yeah, it needs a couple more teams that have both strong riders and are well-organized. Lotto definitely aren't it.

Fuglsang had decent form in the Spring Classics so hopefully he can do a bit of damage. It looks like he's riding in the Dauphine (along with most of the other big names it seems).

I was just having a look at the Criterium du Daphine in more detail. Here's the parcours on Youtube. They're starting with some proper climbing, which should make things interesting. Here's the provisional startlist on Pro Cycling Stats. Incidentally, I'm really liking the Pro Cycling Stats website since I heard about it on this thread. Does anybody play the fantasy games on there? I'm thinking about giving them a go.

Back
Top Bottom