What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! 2018 Trek Emonda SL5 Size 60 with upgraded wheel set, 11-32 climbing cassette.

TheAussieinJapan

Maximum Pace
Apr 15, 2014
PREVIOUSLY DECIDED BUYER IS STUCK OUTSIDE OF JAPAN IN QUARANTINE DUE TO GOVERNMENT CORONAVIRUS ACTIONS, SO AVAILABLE AGAIN.

For those not working from home, avoid the trains and commute by bike. Buy this one!
For those working from home, you need to get out and ride a bike each day. Buy this one!

2018 Trek Emonda SL5 - Upgraded wheels, tyres, cassette & derailer. New tyres, bar tape!

Price Drop to ¥130,000

I just had it checked by Trek Roppongi, added new handlebar tape, chain, Continental Gator Skin tyres so that the new owner can enjoy riding right away.

Upgraded the bike to be even more of a climber with an 11-32 cassette, a long derailer, chain and 105 SPD-SL pedals. Adding the new Mavic wheels has made the bike faster and a little bit lighter too.

It's got only 4,660km logged in two years, been maintained regularly and parked under cover. Bought as my first proper carbon road bike it has been a pleasure to ride and took me further into the hills than I had been before and helped me to become a better rider.

I'll throw in the old set of wheels, 11-28 cassette & short range derailer as well.

Adding:
  • Bontrager Duotrap sensors
  • Knog Bell
  • Bottle Cages
  • New Bar tape
  • New tyres - Continental Gatorskins
  • New Chain
  • Shimano 105 SPD-SL pedals

Now asking ¥130,000, Cost over ¥300,000.
Retail price was ¥240,000 for bike with Duotrap, wheel set upgrade was ¥50,000 & new tyres & bar tape about ¥12,000.

Maker: Trek
Model: Emonda SL5, 2018 carbon roadbike
Size: 60cm
Weight: @ 8.5kg (when fitted with Continental 4000`s II)
Wheelset: 2018 MAVIC Ksyrium 11s 25c
Date Bought: September 2017
Distance Ridden: 4,660km

Attachments

• IMG_3461.jpeg
    IMG_3461.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5070.jpeg
    IMG_5070.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
IMG_9015.JPG
Great looking bike! Amazing to ride.

IMG_9016.JPEG
Sporty quick road bike.

IMG_9018.JPG
Upgraded saddle to what I think is even better than the Specialized popular line.

IMG_9019.JPEG
Brand new GatorSkins with less than 50km on them.

IMG_9020.JPEG
New bar tape. (sorry for focus)

IMG_9021.JPEG
Regularly cleaned cassette, 11-32 climbing range.IMG_9015.JPGIMG_9016.JPEGIMG_9018.JPGIMG_9019.JPEGIMG_9020.JPEGIMG_9021.JPEG

Last edited:
or you might try instead selling...... the wife! hahaha looks like a good deal for someone in that size (probably you and another 3 guys in Japan make the whole market) ;)

I am one of the other guys that size....
But sadly I have a sweet road bike that is already way underused.
I will keep an eye out for anyone locally looking for a bike in the 188-190cm height range.

I am one of the other guys that size....
But sadly I have a sweet road bike that is already way underused.
I will keep an eye out for anyone locally looking for a bike in the 188-190cm height range.

thank you very much!
I rode it the other day with the new tyres and it felt amazing. If it wasn't for the new bike I'd not be selling.

Bump! Do you need to be on a PC to edit original post? I can't find how to edit so I can drop price.

Nope. Just update the price in the comment. most of us use the "new post" option anyway, so we will see it.
The window to edit is 24 hours or something, then you need @thomas to help out after that.

This is a sexy bike no doubt!
I am just not sure I need something collecting dust next to my other road bike.

Back
Top Bottom