What's new

Race 2016 JCRC @ Izu CSC - Sep 4th (Sunday)

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Race organized by Japan Cycle Racing Club (JCRC) and taking place at Japanese Cycle Sports Center on Sunday September 4th.
Japanese CSC is in Izu, where the race will do laps of a roly poly (with jam) 5 km circuit.
Entries open now until August 25th. Enter via Sports Entry here.
Details about categories and distances are on the Sports Entry page. I can translate stuff if anyone wants me to.
Basically, the higher categories race longer distances, with the top category racing 44 km.
As shown by my win in the last JCRC race, anyone can do this.

Anyone can enter, but you first need to register with JCRC to get an ID number. Just send them an email with your name, address, blood type, and star sign.

I'll most likely be Airbnb-ing it in Atami or Ajiro (網代) the night before so my blood bags can thaw out properly. And after the race, if the weather is good I might ride a few nearby hills.

Last edited:
Just to note the deadline is a few days away.
The top two categories actually start at 10 am, so I'll be getting the train on the day.
This cycle centre also has an indoor velodrome where the 2020 Olympic track events are happening. After a bit of research, it looks like on the day of the race anyone can take their bike or rent and track bike and try out the boards for a while. So, I'll definitely be trying that.

image.jpeg
Lucky to avoid any rain today. A short shower before the start, but the curcuit dried out fairly quickly thanks to a brisk wind. One lap into it though, and i realised, this circuit is way harder then the one in Gunma.
image.jpeg
All up and down with sustained climbing at around 7%, and a short section over 10% just before the timing mat (the steepest part on the right of the elevation profile). Depressingly, I was in 34/28, my lowest gear, a few times on that section. Also, the rest of the guys were way stronger than before. Welcome to SA class! The race was 9 laps and I managed to stick with the main group untill the penultimate lap. End result was 9th, about a minute off the winner.
image.jpeg
The positives are that I wasn't that far off finishing with the lead group, and now I know the course, I can train for it a bit better. Basically, Lots and lots of hard climbing.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice one, you'll get them next time

Are they all carrying their dog mess home, good citizens.

Thinking about it, since the circuit is half climbing half descending, the race was effectively a 22 km hill climb with 22 km of descending mixed in. Best training would have been big long climbs to build up endurance, because the downhill sections didn't last long. Though they were a lot of fun.

A course I was always too fat for...
Interesting to see a 14 year old do so well... Light weight and full of natural growth hormones...

Understanding the course for next time maybe worth a podium...

Thinking about it, since the circuit is half climbing half descending, the race was effectively a 22 km hill climb with 22 km of descending mixed in. Best training would have been big long climbs to build up endurance, because the downhill sections didn't last long. Though they were a lot of fun.
Sounds like you need to do an Everesting on Odarumi ;)

@andywood I'll be entering the one in October for sure. Is that one always 120 km? Can't seem to see much about it on the web site.

Yes 20 count 'em laps!

The field might be a bit thin as the JBCF TT / RR is on that weekend just over the hill in Niigata.

Though some may use Gunma as prep for the Japan Cup the following weekend.

Presuming we both line up, let's make a plan and try to work together.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

A bit of tactics would be fun. All depends on who lines up though. If it's the same guys that beat me in this race I'll be expending all my energy trying to hang on.

Back
Top Bottom