What's new

Race 2016 JCRC @ Gunma CSC - July 17th

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Race organized by Japan Cycle Racing Club (JCRC) and taking place at Gunma Cycle Sports Center on July 17th.
Gunma CSC is near Minakami, and the racing will be laps of this course.
Entries open until June 30th. Enter here.
Details about categories and distances are on the entry page linked above. I can translate stuff if anyone wants me to.
The higher categories race longer distances, where SA is the top category.
With my doctorate in sports nutritional-dynamics from the online college of Oxfordbridge in Kansas, I will of course be entering the SA category.

Before entering, you need to register with JCRC and get a registration number from them. Registration amounts to sending an email with your name, address, and a few other things.

Unfortunately, entry is already closed for most races within the next 2 months. For the ones that aren't, I can't see anything that looks good. Happy for someone to prove me wrong though.

Just to say I chickened out and officially entered the B cat group for this.
(Psych! I entered B cat so I can solo off the front and catch up with SA cat that starts 2 min earlier and go on to win both categories.)

There is not that much difference between B and SS. Both have worked there way up the ranks. If it's your first JCRC event you should go in X. Being a hilly course any category is hard to finish first. X class will also have SS riders who may have taken a year off etc. good luck. B will be a good test.

I asked about which category to join and they said go with whatever then decide based on how you do. X category is so damn short, they race for just 17 km, while B category is long enough to at least be worth the trip. As long as it doesn't rain I'll enjoy it.

It might be possible if you hurry up! I am taking a train there the night before, but entering an early race. If you enter a later race you can get the train on the same day.

I can't make sense of any of the details. I think it will be too complicated for me to get signed up in time and is looking quite expensive with a return train trip too.

image.jpeg
The group pretty much stayed together for the whole race. I wasn't too keen on risking a breakaway myself because of a dodgy hamstring and a couple of slippery corners where more experienced guys would take time on me pretty easily. The biggest climb on the 5 km circuit came just before the finish line, so i just decided to cover any attacks and attack that climb on the last lap. Thanks to Tama Hill Training, this kind of attack is pretty much all i train for, and when I dropped the hammer at the base of the climb, i guess no one thought i would be able to sustain it.

Apparently though, quote a few guys are doing a JBCF race in Ishikawa today, so today's group is not as strong as it usually might be.

Last edited:
View attachment 14174
The group pretty much stayed together for the whole race. I wasn't too keen on risking a breakaway myself because of a dodgy hamstring and a couple of slippery corners where more experienced guys would take time on me pretty easily. The biggest climb on the 5 km circuit came just before the finish line, so i just decided to cover any attacks and attack that climb on the last lap. Thanks to Tama Hill Training, this kind of attack is pretty much all i train for, and when I dropped the hammer at the base of the climb, i guess no one thought i would be able to sustain it.

Apparently though, quote a few guys are doing a JBCF race in Ishikawa today, so today's group is not as strong as it usually might be.

Excellent work mate, congratulations!

Don't sell yourself short mate! You kick ass! Well done!!

Mate, very happy for you.

You've been training super hard (on top of already being fit) and it's paid off.

Cap is doffed to thee.

Back
Top Bottom