What's new

Ride 2015 CASTLE TO CASTLE - July31 - Aug2

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
http://landorisingsunbybike.weebly.com/blog/2015-castle-to-castle

ITINERARY
旅行日程
July 31st, Friday: We'll spend the night of the 31st in Tsuruoka so as to make an early start the following morning.
7月31日(金): 鶴岡市で泊まる (翌朝に早く出発ために)

August 1st, Saturday: After breakfast riders at our hotel will gather outside for a 7:00 departure for Tsuruoka Park, formerly the site of Tsuruoka Castle, for photos and the "Grand Depart" from the park at 7:30. We'll follow the Asahi Super and Miomote forest roads through Niigata before returning to Yamagata at the town of Oguni. In Oguni we'll raid the village's only supermarket (really a glorified convenience store) for food supplies. From there we'll ride to the Shirakawa Dam campsite. The fee for one night at Shirakawa is 2,500 yen, which includes access to an onsen.
8月1日(土): 朝食後ホテル前に集合( 7:00頃), それから鶴岡公園へ、公園で記念撮影。 そのあと 7:30頃鶴岡公園から皆一緒に出発。 小国向かって(朝日スパー、三面林道経由)。小国で夕飯と翌日の朝飯の材料買って、最後に白川キャンプ場向かう。キャンプ場使用費は2,500円(温泉入浴費含む)

Distance: 140 km
距離:140キロ

August 2nd, Sunday: From Shirakawa we'll cycle into Fukushima prefecture over a 1200 meter pass, concluding the second leg of the Recon Run with a mostly downhill ride to Tsuruga Castle in Aizuwakamatsu, arriving mid-afternoon. Note: There are several options for food resupply along the route
8月2日(日):白川から白布温泉向かって、標高1,200m 白布峠越え、それから裏磐梯経由会津若松へ。午後4:00鶴ヶ城に着く予定。ルート沿い食品買う所あり。

Distance: 110 km
距離:110km

Total Distance: 250 km
合計距離:250km

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am shooting to do this ride as I have a couple friends doing it and I absolutely want to go. It just comes down to scheduling for me... something my daughter has not allowed me to do too much of lately.
I wanted to pass it along as this seems like something @hat and beard and @Half-Fast Mike might be into. I am sure others as well, but they crossed my mind first.

Thank you for thinking of me! The route is crying out for an extension southwards for my birthday (3rd August). I was pretty excited about this until I got to the bit about camping. Oh dear. I'm not carrying a tent and bedding around for two days in August*. I need the lovely soft futon and air-conditioned bedroom option.

* Or, indeed, ever.

You suck. It won't be that bad.
Plus - it is an excuse to buy gear and put that cross bike to use!

Bummer! I have a class on that Sunday that I almost certainly won't be able to weasel my way out of. I'd definitely do it if it were another weekend.

If anyone ever wants to organize this kind of off road cycling/camping trip some other time I'm there!

You suck.
Know this. It takes me a while to warm to a new idea. My personal experience of camping is mainly (twenty-something years ago) lying in wet fields trying to talk to other soldiers lying in different wet fields using radios that don't work, and being woken up by a herd of cows trotting through my bedroll.

I can guarantee we won't have radios for communication!
However we will be out of cell phone range - so it is kinda the same.

I want to join this, but i live in tokyo, so far from the loc, do you have meeting place first in tokyo? Or u guys go directly to tsuruoka?

I live even further away than Tokyo. I plan to Rinko to the start location the night before and get a hotel.
Once checked in, I will attempt to meet up with others for a beer or 6 so I can look and feel my very best bright and early! ;)

As of now, I only know one rider from Tokyo that is participating and he is one of the riders listed under rider profiles.

Yup! And you are responsible to not get yourself screwed in the process.

Back
Top Bottom