What's new

KIT 2015/2016 TCC Kit!

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
OK here goes!

We are very pleased to announce the new TCC kit, for 2015/2016.

@Mlac Peek and I recently rode our current kits into the ground so we figured it was time for a new one.

Previous kit was made by Bicycle Line, in Italy, but for the new kit, @danny of Cyclism is arranging some top of the line Hincapie gear for us, which should be absolutely excellent. I have a 2013 Ritte kit from Cyclism which is made by Hincapie, and the quality is very good indeed (and it is still going strong), so if that is anything to go by, this should be even better.

At this stage we do not have the final design from Hincapie, but for your information, we will be using the following items;

Short Sleeve Jersey

Hincapie Velocity Plus

http://www.hincapie.com/custom/products/C108M13/

Long Sleeve Jersey

Hincapie Velocity

http://www.hincapie.com/custom/collections/velocity/C106M15/

Bib Shorts

Hincapie Velocity Plus

http://www.hincapie.com/custom/collections/velocity/C204M15/

All items will of course be available in both male and female versions.

I will be receiving sizing samples in the near future which will allow me to give you accurate information on which size to go for; we realise that all brands size their stuff slightly differently, so an S in one size might not be the same as an S in another. Once I get the samples I will post detailed information about the fitting, in comparison to other kit I have to best inform you about which size to go for.

As mentioned above, we do not have the designs finalised with Hincapie at this point, but to give you a very rough idea of what it will look like, here are some mock ups made. Again, this is not the final version, which we are still working out. We will work with Hincapie to get all the dimensions, ratios, and fine details etc., perfect.

TCC2015JerseyMock.png

TCC2015Shorts.png

So for now, consider this an announcement that the new kit is on the way. We will work through it and give you information as we get it, including pricing, timescale, how to order, etc.

Cheers.

OK, first update / info.

I have spoken to @danny about the process, and have the following for you;

-The designs get worked through pretty fast by Hincapie, meaning the design can be finalised quick. As a rough estimate, I am thinking it will be done by the end of next week.
-The kit takes between about 6 and 9 weeks to make (again, this is not set in stone, but based on experience), so we should get it pretty fast. Faster than all the previous times for sure.
-Pricing; the design needs to be finalised before this can be confirmed.

Cheers.

How much faster will this kit make me?

Is it possible to get may name or my average speed (55kph) printed on the small of my back (on the bibs) like a tramp stamp?

Is it UCI approved?

Gloves?

Cap?

Will there be a waterproof zip pocket for my smokes? I like a cig when I get to the top of Shiraishi:tup

It will make you at least advanced / elite level.

Good point on individual customisation. Will have a word.

Gloves; yeah, Hincapie do them. If people want them I can design some for sure!

Cap; again, yeah, it seems like they do them. Will design one based on demand.

Haha, the Velocity Plus does actually have a waterproof pocket! Perfect for keeping your cigarette / zippo / gram dry. Hang on. I might have just dreamed that. Will check :)

Would it be possible to take customization a step further to enable members to change the red stripe/band to any desirable color/colour? I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra to have orange instead of red.

If it is too much trouble, no problem! The kit looks great as it is!

OK, just checked.

No customisation unfortunately.

Gloves and hats both ok. Hats have a minimum order of 25 units

Nice looking kit!
If we are allowed to give comments before finalisation I would prefer to go easy on TCC and skip the prints on the shoulders and the large ones on the pants. It would still be very clear TCC is in da house not to be messed with, but in a cleaner way...

Cheers!

Let me sort out the initial transfer on to Hincapie templates and see how it all looks then. Will field possible suggestions at that point. :)

I think the mock up designs are really great, just as they are--excellent balance of colors, high visibility--wouldn't change a thing.

Ah, cheers!

Yeah, I tried to include all the good elements that people pointed out in the Pro-Kit thread I started a few days back, and also make it work as a continuation of the previous designs we have had.

@Musashi13 pointed out that you can tell what it is, even when you look at a small thumbnail of it, so that means the visibility and identity elements work. @Musashi13 and @Andy in Tokyo helped me out a lot with the design too, so credit must go to them.

Ah, cheers!

Yeah, I tried to include all the good elements that people pointed out in the Pro-Kit thread I started a few days back, and also make it work as a continuation of the previous designs we have had.

@Musashi13 pointed out that you can tell what it is, even when you look at a small thumbnail of it, so that means the visibility and identity elements work. @Musashi13 and @Andy in Tokyo helped me out a lot with the design too, so credit must go to them.

Well done lads. I really like this too. One thing I wonder if it's worth keeping from the old design is more of the green, even a smaller stripe between the white and red to be in line with the main site logo? Do love the simplicity of it though. Are you really going with "Stravr" on the back? LOL.

I toyed with that, but no, it doesn't work. The site logo will be changed to match the new kit, once we approve the final designs from Hincapie.

Stravr is a way of life mate, and it started on this site. We can't not include it. And to be honest, compared to some of the other stuff we were going to put on the kit, be thankful you are getting off this lightly.

How about "五五"? You know... gogo girls and stuff like that. Ok, maybe not. Stravr it is. Anyway, sharp design. I'm looking forward to mine as long as the material is nothing like Q36.* stuff in which case I won't be going near it no matter how fast it will make me. I presume this is slated to make one 41% faster?

Haha, there is still time to sneak in a few lols after we get the first version back from Hincapie.

I presume this is slated to make one 41% faster?

No, but each purchase comes with an unbeatable KOM, to be redeemed anytime between now and the eventual expansion rebound and collapse of the entire universe.

Looks sharp.
My £0.02:
Can you do a hidden zip? See how much cleaner the back looks without the white line bisecting it.
How about Tokyo on the shorts in place of TCC for those inevitable podiums? :)

Great job thus far!

For what it's worth, I agree with this. The size of the lettering could be smaller, and I would consider doing away with the tokyo cycling club altogether. Or making it a bit more subtle. At the moment it kind of reminds me of the kind of lettering the Tokyo Police department may print on their shirts.

Just 0.002 cents (Or less)
Nice looking kit!
If we are allowed to give comments before finalisation I would prefer to go easy on TCC and skip the prints on the shoulders and the large ones on the pants. It would still be very clear TCC is in da house not to be messed with, but in a cleaner way...

The zip will be hidden. Check out the Velocity Plus jersey in the link I provided in the first post.

Let us get the actual templates back from Hincapie with the lettering all at the correct scale, then see what you think about the size of the lettering, etc.. The images I made were just artistic sketches, to give a general idea of the layout (as I mentioned already).

Back
Top Bottom