What's new

2013 TCC Bonenkai - Sunday Dec 15th - soliciting interest

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
Was thinking about trying to organize some type of year-end-party for TCC members who are interested.

I would like to propose Sunday December 15th at the Tachikawa Keirin Track from around 12pm. They are having a series of races starting on the 13th that will finish on Sunday.

Entry is about 500yen. Not sure about the rules on byob/food etc. Can someone post their experience?

Of course, if anyone has a better idea and is willing to organize, feel free to jump in.

I'd prefer it to be at El Torido in Shinjuku at night.

Not intending to hijack anything, but I was also potentially planning something as well when Aron informed me about your thread, Doug. So in the interest of communication and coordination, I hope it's not inappropriate to post my proposition here.

Takaaki and I were out for a few beers last night and the idea occurred to me to see if people might be interested in getting together for an informal evening of social beer drinking. I was thinking about doing it Sunday evening, December 15th. The venue would be a German & Belgian place called Hoppel Poppel located between Ueno and Yushima Station. Here: http://goo.gl/maps/9TSSS

At this point, I'm just gauging potential interest, but thus far Owen, Darragh, Tobias, Josh and potentially Aron and Chikako are into it. What do you think Doug? Have any interest in combining efforts?

Not intending to hijack anything, but I was also potentially planning something as well when Aron informed me about your thread, Doug. So in the interest of communication and coordination, I hope it's not inappropriate to post my proposition here.

Takaaki and I were out for a few beers last night and the idea occurred to me to see if people might be interested in getting together for an informal evening of social beer drinking. I was thinking about doing it Sunday evening, December 15th. The venue would be a German & Belgian place called Hoppel Poppel located between Ueno and Yushima Station. Here: http://goo.gl/maps/9TSSS

At this point, I'm just gauging potential interest, but thus far Owen, Darragh, Tobias, Josh and potentially Aron and Chikako are into it. What do you think Doug? Have any interest in combining efforts?

That sounds good to me!

Great! Last night I checked their bookings for the 15th and they had plenty of space. I'll call tomorrow and have them hold a spot for us for 15 people. If more people start to respond I can up the booking to more people. Just FYI, I am not planning any sets or any courses. Each person will be responsible for what they order.

So let's get an idea of who is in. Please, let us know about any accompanying guests. The list starts here:
  1. Pete
  2. Doug
  3. Takaaki
  4. Owen
  5. Darragh
  6. Josh
  7. Tobias
  8. Anthony

Last edited:
Great idea, guys!
How about we rent out the whole place (or part of it)? Looks like there will be at least 10 of us, and assaulting it might present sort of a problem on a Sunday night.

Is this going to be a casual buy your own beers job, or more of a sit down meal with a split bill at the end?

Back
Top Bottom