What's new

2013 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Highlights

My memories of riding in Belgium are really good, and still have some good friends there as my cousin's boys are still there on and off.
The race season is long, and the early races are cold, but things are really hot in summer, and Kermesse are often 2hrs minimum, or often 100km.
I only did two races in Holland, and both of those were with my Belgian team. We were hated... haha
What team were you with?

Just awesome! I have nothing but cold and painful memories of riding and racing in Holland and Belgium. Truly where the hard men (and women) are forged from the pave.

Actually Tim K, come to think of it my Dad might have been racing there around the same time and may know a lot of the same people - if not him certainly my old mentor will as he was always in Belgium and Northern France..... would be interesting to see if there was any over lap.

For sure.
My stomping ground was in Ghent, and this area is most popular with Brits, but I never met any North Americans over there at that time. Really was good times, and got fired out of the back of may races, particulalry in the lead up to some of the major amateur tours. The Peace Race being the biggest! Many of the Eastern Europeans used Belgium and Holland as their final prep to gain speed... haha! Good times looking back, but kinda depressing sometimes when I was there.

LOL the Peace Tour - basically the testing ground for eastern block doping.

Back
Top Bottom