What's new

2012 race schedule

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
I was putting together a potential racing calendar today. I'm looking at races within striking distance of Niigata. However, some of these maybe of interest to TCC members. If you scroll down, there is a bigger list of races that I picked my selection from. These are a mixture of hill climbs (HC), road races (RR) and time trials (TT).

If you want any more info on any of these races, just let me know.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

These are the races I'm thinking of for 2012:

•April 15 JCRC Gunma CSC (RR)
•April 21 Kusatsu (HC)
•May 19 or 26 Tokyo~Itoigawa (RR) ??
•May 27 Tsunan (HC TT)
•June 10 JBCF Tsugaike (HC)
•June 24 JBCF Gunma CSC (RR) OR
•June 24 or July 1 Uchinada (RR / TT) ??
•July 1 Utsukushigahara (HC)
•July 15 JBCF Ishikawa (RR)
•July 29 Yunotani HC ??
•August 26 Norikura (HC)
•September 2 Tokamachi (HC)
•September 9 Mt. Akagi (HC) ??
•October 14 JCRC Gunma CSC ArtsCup (RR)
•October 21 Japan Cup (RR) ??
•November 4 Giro de Hotaka (HC / RR) ??

I selected these races from a huge choice available (?? are races that are yet to be confirmed):

April 15 JCRC Gunma CSC (RR)
April 15 Yatsugatake (HC)
April 21 Kusatsu (HC)
April 21/22 JBCF Gunma CSC (RR)
April 29 All Japan (RR) Iwate

May 20 Zao (HC)
May 19 or 26 Tokyo~Itoigawa (RR) ??
May 27 Tsunan (HC TT)

June 3 Kitakata (HC)
June 10 JBCF Tsugaike (HC)
June 10 Mt Fuji (HC)??
June 17 JBCF Fuji (J HC)
June 24 JBCF Gunma CSC (RR)
June 24 or July 1 Uchinada (RR / TT) ??

July 1 Utsukushigahara (HC)
July 8 JBCF Norikura (JHC)
July 15 JCRC Gunma CSC
July 15 JBCF Ishikawa (RR)
July 28/29 Chokai TT/HC
July 29 Yunotani HC ??

August 25/26 JBCF Miyada RR
August 26 Norikura (HC)

September 2 Tokamachi (HC)
September 2 Urabandai (HC) ??
September 2 JBCF Time Trial championships (TT) Saitama
September 9 Mt. Akagi (HC) ??
September ?? Yahiko HC ??

October 14 Sado (HC) ??
October 14 JCRC Gunma CSC ArtsCup
October 21 Japan Cup (RR) ??
October 28 JBCF Wajima (J RR)

November 4 Giro de Hotaka (HC / RR) ??
November 11 Tour of Okinawa (RR) ??

Hi Andy,

I believe you posted somewhere in the forums that you have received an entry form for the Tour de Utsukushigahara. I have been unsuccessful in getting any internet info on this year's event. Can't sign up through MSPO or sportsentry, so just wondering how to proceed on that.

I guess this might sound early for enquiries on this but some of these races have just become so popular in recent years:eek::bike:

Thanks

Hi Andy,

I believe you posted somewhere in the forums that you have received an entry form for the Tour de Utsukushigahara. I have been unsuccessful in getting any internet info on this year's event. Can't sign up through MSPO or sportsentry, so just wondering how to proceed on that.

I guess this might sound early for enquiries on this but some of these races have just become so popular in recent years:eek::bike:

Thanks

I was lucky to get an invitation to ride Utsukushigahara and Norikura for free by the JCA.

Looking at the website, it seems general applications are open Feb 20 ~ May 25.

http://www.j-cycling.org/event/list.html#utsukushi

Before I've found you can leave it quite late to sign up for Utsukushigahara. Norikura however is always oversubscribed. You need to get your entry in early and even then it's down to a "chusen" lottery.

Andy

Thanks for the link, I haven't raced the event for a few years and had forgotten it was organized by JCA. Hopefully can get enough training in to make a respectable appearance this year...:)

At the moment I am planning to do the entire JCRC road series this year but I want to do some hill climbs as well. From your list is there any that you would remomend that I do? I think Fuji would be one of the main ones I want to do as well.

Kind of a side note but does anyone know when the entry for the JCRC races opens? The first race is just over a month and a half away but they havent opened the entry for it yet....

Eric - sometimes they will open it up about 1 month before the race dates - this happens right at the start of the season as some of the courses are closed and can't be booked or may be subject to date changes.

Just keep an eye out - oh and lets work on car pooling to keep the costs down.

Eric - sometimes they will open it up about 1 month before the race dates - this happens right at the start of the season as some of the courses are closed and can't be booked or may be subject to date changes.

Just keep an eye out - oh and lets work on car pooling to keep the costs down.

That sounds like a good idea! The first one is pretty far from Tokyo so I was contemplating bus or train but car would be much more convinient

I will be willing to drive to the events near Tokyo if someone has a place for me to stay the night before. I have a midsize van and can fit 2 other riders. I am 4 hours out of tokyo in Ina Nagano, so driving the day before will cut down on the car time for me.

Chuck - Not a lot going on in Tokyo really.

But Gunma, Shizoka and some other locations.

Looks like Gunma would be better for me to drive to. I will be open to splitting the cost of hotel near the venue. If anyone wants they can train to Inashi station in Nagano the day before and travel to hotel.
As for Shizuoka, I would like to travel to Tokyo the day ahead for that one solet me know if anyone wants a rizzle

At the moment I am planning to do the entire JCRC road series this year but I want to do some hill climbs as well. From your list is there any that you would remomend that I do? I think Fuji would be one of the main ones I want to do as well.

Kind of a side note but does anyone know when the entry for the JCRC races opens? The first race is just over a month and a half away but they havent opened the entry for it yet....

There are two hillclimbs on Fuji. Last year they were on the same day. But they are a few weeks apart this year.

The "International" one is short and very very steep.

http://sunday-sunday.net/race/2011/0619Fujikokusai/2011fuji_race.htm

The "Funride" one which attracts a huge crowd, is long and not so steep.

http://www.fujihc.jp/english.html

There will be more hill climbs closer to Tokyo that I haven't mentioned. Maybe some TCC guys can point you in the right direction? Toyo Tyres HC? Ryusei HC?

The JCA hillclimbs are all good and well organised:

http://www.j-cycling.org/event/list.html#utsukushi

There is a new challenge series if you are looking for something more "local" but perhaps abit far from Tokyo...

http://hill-challenge.jp/

Here in Niigata, the Yunotani HC (Aug), Yahiko (Sep) and Sado (Oct) are all really nice but no info up on the web yet.

Andy

Overwhelmed!

My translate search engine is running on overtime today as I go over races that I would like to participate in.
My question is for Andy Wood.
I see that you race in JCRC and JCBF races, do you hold a membership for both? I want to race some series in both federations.

I can answer that:

JCRC is a seperate series not a federation, all you need to do is register on the website enter the races you want to do and pay your monies.

JBCF is a federation and linked to the JCF and UCI. You'll need to get a racing licence and also get registered with a JCF/JBCF registered team to race in these races.

Also a quick search of the forums and you would have found EVERYTHING you need to know:

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=2061

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1477

Thanks

Good to know, thanks for taking the time to wright that up! I will have to read that again for the first time;)

As James says above.

Equipe Azumino are registered JBCF, so I would have a word with Oishi san. JBCF used to do two cracking races in Iida and Ogawa but they seemed to have been dropped from the calendar unfortunately...

Andy

Past the deadline for registration again (i was last year too), but Oishisan knows some people(or he is one) and got me in! Dont know why I didnt think of that one myself. I would really like to bring you along to Azumino Andy! you should let me know if you ever have a Sunday you can go out that way.

For those who love steel bikes:
May 13 Chromoly road race 2012 in Gunma CSC

Actually it's an enduro not a road race. Seems like classes will be categorised by fork material??? Web site will be available from Feb 20 with more details.

Past the deadline for registration again (i was last year too), but Oishisan knows some people(or he is one) and got me in! Dont know why I didnt think of that one myself. I would really like to bring you along to Azumino Andy! you should let me know if you ever have a Sunday you can go out that way.

Would love to take you up on that offer! In the summer we go camping in Nagano sometimes, so maybe then.

I'd love to do the 2 Days of Kiso too but it usually clashes with Tokyo~Itoigawa. Or the Azumino Cup at Norikura. You should be promoting these events on this site!

Andy

Andy, have you got any new insider information on this year's edition of TOITO? I'm checking the website daily...

Would love to take you up on that offer! In the summer we go camping in Nagano sometimes, so maybe then.

I'd love to do the 2 Days of Kiso too but it usually clashes with Tokyo~Itoigawa. Or the Azumino Cup at Norikura. You should be promoting these events on this site!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom