What's new

2012 Pro Tours

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Shaping up for an exciting year ahead...

It's official: Philippe Gilbert is coming to the BMC Racing Team in 2012.

The new Aussie team Green Edge (or whatever they are called ) have snapped up Simon Gerrans...

A few teams dying off and some new ones...

Will be interesting to see Gilbert and Evans working together in some races and not in others...

I reckon Cadel has a very good chance of getting a 2nd TDF..if he can stay un-injured.

Wiggins

I am more excited to see what Wiggins can do at the Vuelta this year!
Who knows what could have happened at the tour, podium possibly, maybe even winner?
And the demise of high road next year should make races alot more interesting with all that talent split up! After seeing Gilbert wear yellow I though he would focus on a higher placing for next year, it will be interesting to see how that pans out. Is Hincapie singned on for next year? Hevent heard yet? I think I heard that Thor will be heading to BMC as well (or was it Sky?). Sounds like a super team to me, maybe wearing yellow the entire tour is a possibility! We shall see if there is a prolouge for Cancellara to take yellow, if not we may just see it!

And Voekler! Cant wait to watch him! If he is not burnt we may see him in great form at Worlds, but my money is on Gilbert.

Thor is at BMC as well.

Wiggins will have a good run as I think Roche will too.

A lot of big names don't worry with Spain... unfortunately...

Stuart O'Grady will be looking at some extra UCI points to make sure his new team get a license for next year. Don't be surprised to see if he rides for himself and not his team...as he is leaving them anyway.

Seems strange move from Gilbert to me. My guess would be that BMC have agreed to Gilbert supporting Cadel next year, with maybe Gilbert being allowed to be team leader at one of the Giro or Vuelta and then becoming overall team leader in 2013 or 2014. But there's no reason why Cadel can't remain competitive until then. And then Gilbert and Hushovd will be treading on each others toes in the classics. Hmmm...

Yes, time for the Vuelta. Sorry, can't see Wiggins doing anything at the Vuelta. Just don't think he has what it takes to be on the top rung...famous last words! Biggest shame is that Rujano can't ride. Highly impressive in the Giro.

Back
Top Bottom