What's new

2011 Calfman(Duathlon race) Jan,23rd

kimm

Maximum Pace
Dec 25, 2009
Calfman 2011/Kita-kanto stage(Jan.23rd)

The venue is 'Sinrin park' and the closest station is 'Sinrin park eki'.
For the details, see the below link.
- Sinrin park : http://www.shinrin-koen.go.jp/english/index.html
- Calfman Japan(duathlon) : http://www.calfman.jp/stage/kita/

Course
- Run 5km
- Bike 31.5km
- Run 5km.

Class
1. Elite : male
2. Elite : female
3. Age : male
4. Age : female
5. Beginner
6. Junior(Middle school)
7. Kid

Schedule of the day
07:30 - 08:30 : reception
08:30 - 09:30 : bike course test ride
09:30 ~ : opening ceremony/course explanation
10:00 ~ : 5, 6 start
10:05 ~ : 7 start
11:00 ~ : 3, 4 start
12:00 ~ 12:30: 1, 2 reception
13:00 ~ : 1, 2 start
15:00 ~ : awarding ceremony, closing session

There's a train from Ikebukuro station at 7:00AM and it arrives to our venue at 07:45AM. Could be good enough for our convenience? Let's talk about this later.

Entry
The entry fee is 8,400YEN.
You can entry this race by internet access, see the below link.
But, it's all written by Japanese, if you're not fluent at Japanese,
find your Japanese friend or ask Kimm.
http://www.calfman.jp/annai.html

Etc
This is level-4 race.
(Level-5 is maximum level and it means hard enough?)
Anyhow, Keren & Kimm join this race and always welcome any participant.

Last year, Keren/Kimm joined Minami kanto-stage race and Keren made 2nd at his age group.
We'll see his gold medal this year?

Thanks,
Kimm

RUN??? What's that then?

Yes, it is RUN -> BIKE -> RUN race. ;-) Some kind of multi sports and the race is quite speedy. Usually fast guys do like this. First run/15min -> bike/48min -> run/15min. Check the attached last year result.

No time limits for age category. :) But, If you're planning to join the race by elite category,
you must finish within 1hr40min and With the Bike leg if you're one lap behind the first one, you'll be DNFed.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up, Kimm. I've been thinking about this event last winter. I will have to wait and see if there will be enough motivation to join...but running is definitely on the schedule for me for the next 2-3 months.

Its way to close to triathlon for my liking Astroman.

Although I used to be the cross-country Champion at m school in my younger days and did a lot of track and field specailising in the 1500m, 3000m and longer distance.

I will be participating this weekend in the beginner class, first time attempting anything of this manner. Quick question, would it be worth keeping my new clipless setup on (no practice with changing back and forth between running and clipless shoes) or should I just stick with my running shoes and swap out to pedal/cage combination?
________
Laguna Bay II Condo Prathumnak

I will be participating this weekend in the beginner class, first time attempting anything of this manner. Quick question, would it be worth keeping my new clipless setup on (no practice with changing back and forth between running and clipless shoes) or should I just stick with my running shoes and swap out to pedal/cage combination?

MXS,

Great that you will race tomorrow. Look out for the Namban Rengo crew in our brand new, bright yellow team kit and say hello.

Probably best for you just to go with running shoes and the cages. Always best to practice using clipless pedals and shoes before a race.

Hope to meet you tomorrow.

Keren

>> MXS
We're reaching the venue at around AM 9:30. Hope to see you there and as keren says find yellow shirts guys marked "Namban rengo". :)

It was nice meeting you guys out there this past weekend. Keren, congrats on taking 1st in class. I ended up taking 5th in the beginners category, which I am very pleased with as it was my first event. I would definitely love to get on some rides with you if I can make it
________
LIVE SEX

Hi Max,

Nice to meet you as well. I enjoyed the race and the tricky, twisty course. Thought that it was a great course to work on your bike handling skills. Mine basically suck. :eek: Stefan overshot the first tight bend and ended up in the trees. He has a fractured scapula and will have some more scans today. Plus a big dint on his aero helmet. I did it on my TT bike and thought afterwards that a road bike would be better on that course. You did very well on your bike.

Was very happy with my result, the first time I have managed to win my AG in any sort of race in Japan. Hope that the rest of my racing year is just as good.

And a bunch of us will do the next race stage in Kawasaki on Feb 13. It should be flat and fast.

Cheers,

Keren

Back
Top Bottom