What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! 1980 De Rosa Merckx 55 C-to-C

Chancertime

Speeding Up
May 2, 2010
Hi all,

I have a frame and forks for sale. Will include the headset and bb but these will need repacking.

The seat tube was damaged by the idiot who sold it to me. Not too much but still.

It would make a great rat bike/ commuter.

Asking what I paid after I recieved a partial refund - 30,000 yen.

This was probably made in the 1st month of production at the Merckx factory in 1980.

Collection from Yokohama or can post at cost.

Better to see first though.

Cheers,
James

This blog has a good write up-

http://loosebearings.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/eddy-merckx-professional-1980-1st-ed/

Pics here-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99407866@N00/8667032819/

Attachments

• R1020130.JPG
    R1020130.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 15
I have to ask, where is the rest of it?

Anyway, are the brakes and bars and seat part of the deal?

Yes - are you selling it as in the pics? Or just the frame and fork? What BB / HS ? NR? GS? SR? And do you have a pic of the TT damage?

Hi Astuto,

Everything in the pics except the saddle,bars and stem. So brakes (not period but 105, seat post, levers,
front mech, bb, and headset.

It's not TT damage, the previous owner wrestled with the seatpost. It's gouged.Noticeable on close inspection but not major. The seat clamp still does the job.

If it's a rat bike your after I think I have a couple of other stems that are period correct and some bars
maybe.

Cheers,

Alternatively I have a 1975 54cm Brian Rourke FandF that's near perfect for 50,000yen.

Cheers,
J

Hi - again, what BB and HS are installed? And is there is a picture of the seat tube / post damage?

Hi there,

They look like gran sport headset and bb.

Also the rear was cold set at some point to 130mm (originally 126mm).

If you send me your email I'll send you some pics.

Is that eric?

Back
Top Bottom