What's new

Ride 19, 20 or 21 July: Shiraishi, Ono and Yamabushi to Hanno (130km)

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
I've been thinking it's about time I got out into the mountains again. This coming Monday I'm planning on doing the following ride:

At the moment the plan is to be at the Command Centre at about 6:30am, followed by the Spaceship at around 6:55am. There'll be a brief stop at a Family Mart at around the 40km mark, then after tackling Shiraishi-toge there'll be pizza for lunch.

Fully fuelled, the ride will continue over Ono-toge and Yamabushi-toge before ending at Hanno station (Seibu-Ikebukuro line). It's also easy enough to split off to Oume station (JR lines) at around the 120km mark.

The pace will be moderate (25-30kph) heading up into the mountains and all climbs will be WATT.

If anyone fancies joining me, let me know.

Last edited:
Looks a nice route!
I can prob do Sat or Mon, but not Sunday.

What sort of time do you expect to hit the 59km mark?
Any chance of starting a little later??

I'm probably up for something like this one of the days, although I would like to start earlier (How about 6:30 at the space ship?) and skip the pizza joint! ha ha ha!
The earlier start basically gets you off the river flats before it starts to get too hot.

@Musashi13 Monday's looking like the day to do it. Rain is forecast for Sat and Sun.

@Sibreen I'd say about 9am, maybe a bit later depending on how long we stop at Family Mart for. How's that for you?

@theBlob That would mean getting up a full thirty minutes earlier on a bank holiday Monday - crazy talk! Like @saibot, I also demand pizza!

@saibot Do both rides, you wuss!

How long do you usu stay at the pizza place for?
Maybe I can meet you there, instead.

Usually about 4 hours.

On a good day... Usually you can watch the seasons change while you wait.

Probably about an hour to 90 mins, depending on whether or not they've got a rush (ie, more than one group of people).

Andy, I might join this. If I am not at the spaceship at 6:55, then leave without me.

@wexford, you are right! I had one foot in and one out. I am definitely in!

@andy, see you there!

I'll see you all at the spaceship at 6:55. I'm working tomorrow so I have to be back home by 11am so I'll probably make it to at least the family mart and hopefully quite a bit further before turning back.

I'm sorry to say that I'm front wheel-less and unable to join.

PS. I'm so over tubeless atm!

Back
Top Bottom