14th Tour of Japan

andy_w

Warming-Up
Feb 4, 2009
Tokyo
tri-japan.blogspot.com
I am guessing most of you know about this already, and for all I know there are probably some TCC members actually racing this event but while the TV/internet coverage focuses on the Giro, the 14th Tour of Japan started yesterday.

If you can get the day off work on Friday, it would be impressive to to see them tackle Fuji san, the Azami line route.

Otherwise, watch the Tokyo stage near Haneda airport on Sunday.

http://www.toj.co.jp/toj14/index.php

Jan 20, 2009
Yokohama
Yes and Izu on Saturday, although they're doing the Cycle Sports Centre Circuit, I think. The true roads of Izu would make for a great mountain stage,
but I guess Fuji san is taking care of that. I'm imagining closing off the roads for a regular stage race is problematic in Japan?:bike:

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
I was going to race the tour this year but decided on the Itoigawa instead as I really wanted to race something I'd never done or will do again :D

For those that don't know it runs from the Pacific to the Sea of Japan. 300km.

TOM

Maximum Pace
Hardcore

James, theoretically, you could do BOTH if take the Shinkansen back (I believe Jerome will) Saturday evening (muscle-wise, you probably couldn't :D). But look at Hiroshi...he will be my domestique on Saturday AND do the Sunday Tokyo Stage of the TOJ !!! Hardcore!

I was going to race the tour this year but decided on the Itoigawa instead as I really wanted to race something I'd never done or will do again :D

For those that don't know it runs from the Pacific to the Sea of Japan. 300km.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Sounds like most racing in Japan in fact I think you just described this years Giro.... My plan is normally to start my race 1km from the finish and let the others smash up..

Tom, you seem to have a hwole host of Domestiques lined up for the race on Saturday....I'm going to have to pull very hard and do a solo like Milllar if Im to beat you guys!

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
Chofu
Has anyone doing the TOJ race at Oifuto had notification yet?
I think I`m paid up and entered but nothing in the post as of today.:eek:uch: