What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted 10-speed Dura Ace Cassettes

Sibreen

Maximum Pace
Jul 23, 2010
I'm in the market for a couple of ten-speed DA cassettes, namely:
1. 11-25 or 12-25
2. 12-27

Send me a message if you've any you're happy to offload!

1. Go to Amazon.co.jp
2. Enter "dura ace 12-27t 10s"
3. Pay 20999 yen (yikes!). They're supposedly in stock.

Ultegra CS-6700 cassettes are less than a third the price and last longer.

Joe, dura will last longer but both will wear out pretty quickly if you run them with a worn out chain.

I just scavaged 3 10 speed cassettes from the parts bin this morning...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Joe, dura will last longer

Even for cassettes? My understanding is, the weight savings on DA cassettes are primarily from using lighter Ti for the larger sprockets where Ultegra uses harder wearing but heavier nickel-plated steel ones, the rest of the cassette being mostly identical (except for the lock rings). Am I wrong on this one?

Dura Ace 9000 has a nylon carrier for the middle cluster of 3, which saves weight. This cracked in early versions, including mine. That kind of proves you right in a round about way, had they kept that design. Haha.

Lots of new 10 speed 12-27 Shimano cassettes at Wiggle, including 105, Ultegra, Dura-Ace, most for pretty good prices--they have facilities here and in the UK, shipping is fast (often less than a week even from UK) and sometimes even free depending on their specials. Of course here in the land of Shim, lower prices might be had (Rakuten JP sometimes), but Wig's prices are surprisingly competitive, AND they stock a lot of 10 spd stuff.

Back
Top Bottom