What's new

Looking for Local Ride buddies / club

Switch Snowsports.

Warming-Up
Apr 27, 2015
Hi there,

I'm pretty new to road biking, and am looking out for someone to ride with.

If anyone is riding from or near the Sagamiono / Machida area, please message me.

Cheers Nathan.

Welcome to the boards. I'm a bit north of you near Tama Center station.

I've been toying with the idea of doing 2 hour rides at 6am on Sunday starting around Noborito station area. I'm busy with family stuff over the weekend and this schedule would let me get back by 9am.

Interested?

I'm in Hino, and I sometimes hit Enoshima and Mt Takao on Sunday/Monday mornings. I'll drop you a line next time I head out.

I'm at Minami Osawa so I'm 2 stations away from @JackTheCommuter , if you guys want to do a ride, let me know. All I do is the just ride around the Tank Road, so I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to actually riding on the road, but I would love to ride with a group.

And thus was born the TCC Onekan Chapter...

I've been toying with the idea of doing 2 hour rides at 6am on Sunday starting around Noborito station area. I'm busy with family stuff over the weekend and this schedule would let me get back by 9am.

Interested?
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply. I could probably do that, though it looks like an early start to get to noborito for 6. Please let me know if your heading and provided I've not got a family event I'll get myself over there.
Nathan

I'm at Minami Osawa so I'm 2 stations away from @JackTheCommuter , if you guys want to do a ride, let me know. All I do is the just ride around the Tank Road, so I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to actually riding on the road, but I would love to ride with a group.
Hi Yukster, Sounds good, it sounds like your more in my natural start range. I can easily meet up around Hashimoto and head off for a cruise from there. let me know when's a good time.
Cheers Nathan.

I'm in Hino, and I sometimes hit Enoshima and Mt Takao on Sunday/Monday mornings. I'll drop you a line next time I head out.
Conrad, thanks for the reply, that'd be great, my first real ride was down to enoshima last week, it'd be great to head back with someone.

Cheers, Nathan.

If we are going to do the Sunday dawn patrol, where to start? I'm comfortable riding on urban streets and would be able to get to most areas. My only limitation is I want to be back in the Tama Center area before 9am. Fine with rotating start points as well.

One option:
Karakida Station as a start point? Has a large Lawsons to top off supplies. If we use this as a finish point, there is a Komeda coffee shop that opens 7am. Reasonable jumping off point to Sagamihara and Takao.

That sounds good, Karakida will be far more achievable for me in the morning, and should just get me legs moving nicely ahead of meeting up. No problem re- wrapping up by 8.30 - 9 as I'm with family also.

Shall we confirm fri / sat ?

So, Karakida station at 6:00 am on Sunday? I can make that, I could even go a little earlier if you want, it would get you back by 8:30 or 9 and still give us plenty of time to head down the other side of Takao.

Interested?

Tama Center is the north side of Yokohama, yeah?

I'm down in Naka-ku and would be interested in meet-ups / rides. I'm also a new rider.

@Sean, you also could make your way a little further down south and join the Yokosuka group at times. Start is usually 7:00 on Saturdays. Keep your eyes open for posts in the Yokosuka thread, most likely tomorrow.

Proposed route: https://www.strava.com/routes/2510690

Where:
Karakida station -> Yomiuriland from the south -> Karakida station. (counter clockwise).
Short at only 27km. Mix of urban roads with decent shoulder, a short climb, a short fast descent.

When:
Inaugural ride June 7, 2015 at 6:00am, maximum duration 2 hours. (will end before 8am)

What:
I'd like to keep the inaugural ride short to leave enough time for socialization / group dynamics. Next ride, we could shoot for a loop through Takoa or the hills in Sagamihara.

Everyone should be self sufficient. This ride has no support. Minimal organization. Optional exchange of information for emergency contacts and regrouping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom