What's new

Hello and thank you, TCC!

Chikako

Maximum Pace
May 6, 2012
Hi, to all members of the TCC!

I have been enjoying cycling in the BOSO-area (where I used to live and work) for a few years now, mainly fun rides with a group on road bike.

Luckily, I bumped into one of your great cyclists near Arakawa last week, and had the opportunity to join the Chichibu ride yesterday.

THANK YOU, to all who shared the fun yesterday; for being so supportive, generous, patient....just wonderful in every way.
Although I couldn't climb up the whole way, I never could have ridden that distance, those hills, in that speed without you.

Special thanks to Bart and the afternoon team!
Special special thanks to Pete for coming across, and leading my way here.

Lastly, I am a 30 y/o female born and bread mainly in Japan, partly in the States, working in a medical field.
Speak Japanese, English (so-so), Espanol (un poco), and sign (Japanese Sign Language only at the moment).
Truly look forward to riding and expanding my cycling life with you all!

Welcome Chikako, nice to have you on this forum!
Hope to see you again on another epic ride. (hopefully no rain next time:))

Eugen

Welcome to TCC, Chikako!

At times we can be a bit mischievous, but overall, a great group of cyclist with a wealth of experience and knowledge. :)

Hi Chikako.
It was great meeting you in Chichibu on Sunday. Hopefully you will be back with the guys on Saturday or Sunday for the ghost town ride. And let's hope for a better weather this time :)
I have posted a picture we took in front of the steam locomotive on Pete's Nichitsu Ghost Town thread. Please take a look.
https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=45861#post45861

Looking forward to riding with you again.

Bart

Welcome Chikako!

Hi, to all members of the TCC!

I have been enjoying cycling in the BOSO-area (where I used to live and work) for a few years now, mainly fun rides with a group on road bike.

Luckily, I bumped into one of your great cyclists near Arakawa last week, and had the opportunity to join the Chichibu ride yesterday.

THANK YOU, to all who shared the fun yesterday; for being so supportive, generous, patient....just wonderful in every way.
Although I couldn't climb up the whole way, I never could have ridden that distance, those hills, in that speed without you.

Special thanks to Bart and the afternoon team!
Special special thanks to Pete for coming across, and leading my way here.

Lastly, I am a 30 y/o female born and bread mainly in Japan, partly in the States, working in a medical field.
Speak Japanese, English (so-so), Espanol (un poco), and sign (Japanese Sign Language only at the moment).
Truly look forward to riding and expanding my cycling life with you all!

Yeah, it was fortunate I ran into you this past Friday and it was great you could join us on the Sunday ride! A good introduction to TCC for you, I think! You did great on the ride and are welcome any time! I definitely look forward to riding more with you in the coming months!

Thanks for the welcomes! and Bart, for the picture as well!
Look forward to riding with you again, hopefully soon.

Hi Chikako,

Glad you had fun, it's sometimes not easy having to let go on every incline. You will improve quickly though, every time you do more than 100km in a day.

See you soon, Aron

Aron,

Countless thanks to you. You've really helped me keep up with the bunch.
Hope to ride with you in short time!

Chikako

Welcome Chikako!! Always nice to have another female on the boards! :)

Your Fuji ride sounds great, I wish I could join but sadly I have other commitments. My fitness probably isn't up to par yet anyway though ;)

Hopefully catch you around at some point in the future nevertheless!

Jess

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the welcome.

Regarding next week, totally understandable.
Now's a great season for cycling here in Japan, and hope we'll have a chance to meet and ride before long!

Chikako

Back
Top Bottom