What's new

Official Ride Yokota Friendship Festival 2007 (18th TCC Tour)

Thanks - one and all

My first ride out with the Ladies and Gentlemen of the TCC. At last.....
My go to you all for making it such a great experience

To echo most other comments - That beer was a little special, it made the ride back to Tokyo so much less painful.:beer2: Cheers!

Looking forward to the next ride out.:bike3:

Greg

ps: anybody seen a pair of Kouta sunglasses? :cool:

Ishikawa Brewery

All I can say about the Ishikawa brewery is "SUGOI!" The best beer that I have had in Japan and the pale ale was almost unexplainable by words, so you must taste it. The brewery has been a 2nd hit for TCC members and the food and atomosphere was awesome! Hats off to all the riders and everybody was soooooo cool, plus great conversation. The bill split was a very reasonable price for the food/beer that we ate, always great to eat with a large group!!!

No I didn't see a pair of Kouta sunglasses.

My first ride out with the Ladies and Gentlemen of the TCC. At last.....
My go to you all for making it such a great experience

To echo most other comments - That beer was a little special, it made the ride back to Tokyo so much less painful.:beer2: Cheers!

Looking forward to the next ride out.:bike3:

Greg

ps: anybody seen a pair of Kouta sunglasses? :cool:

皆さん ありがとうございました。
一人だけ自転車に乗らず徒歩での参加となり、何かとご迷惑、ご心配おかけしました。

スーパーマーケットと石川酒造のビアレストランにいけなかったのが残念です。:cry:

次回のTourは自転車に乗るぞ!!:warau: '当たり前か?)
shinobu-chan 9月の中ごろなったら涼しくなるよね??

I do have one question, it was strange seeing NOBU without a bike or no cycling gear on....LOL!
Sha

日本語でごめんなさい。
答えは・・・・夏バテ+夕方に別の予定があったからです。

たのしかったー!

Hi ! This is SHIBAGON.
8/25のYokota Friendship Festival 2007 とても楽しかったです。Shayさん、案内などなどありがとうございました。
来年も楽しみにしてまーす。今度は、ちゃんとUS$持ってきますねー。

nobuさん。
涼しくなったらまた走りに行きましょう~。

Full report!

Again, not really my responsibility to write this stuff, but I know that Thomas & Shay aren't the "writing" type, so...

Full Report:

We all met at the Shinjuku-New-South-Entrance between 9:00-9:30:

Travis
Thomas
Shinobu
SHIBAGON
Elvis
Todor (Trad)
Walter
AlanW
Naomi
I LUV TEXAS (Kuni)
Pete
Gmason (Greg)
TrufflesEater (Dave)
Sora
Arai-san

Just before we passed "Kanpachi-dori", we ran into "okey-san" – he put our convoy up to 16 people.
We continued from there, but we had a slight problem where the front group of (10 faster?) riders, who got separated from the back group of (6 tired?) riders…
We, in the front group stopped & waited for the other guys at the turnoff to Rte.7,…and we waited… and then we waited some more!
There were no phone calls to tell us of any mechanical problems, so the final prognosis was that the rear group must have turned off earlier than the first group, and that they were now 15 minutes ahead of us, heading along "another" Rte.7!

After we'd all realized the mistake, we all met at the meeting place & called "Shay"(No.17 for the day's ride)!
Nobu-chan came by train because she had a "Hula-dance" meeting that night, and couldn't come by bicycle (but she put our group up to 18)
We had to go to a different gate for Shay-san to check us all in, but finally we were all through (except for Pete & Thomas – who had ID card difficulties – but they met us inside later from the original gate).

But all us guys that Shay was able to check in, we had a great 9-10km ride around the base and airstrip/runway. That was such an awesome ride – great roads, perfectly flat, and no traffic!
We had a short break at real American convenience store (Shay had to pay for us all in US$ - Shay, I still owe you for that drink! 150yen)
After that, we all headed to the actual festivities! ………. Over-priced American beer, and steaks galore (see SHIBAGON's pictures!)

Arai-san had a very difficult time getting out of the base due to some over-zealous security guards, and was late for his scheduled "Hanabi-duties"! – Really sorry about that, Arai-san!

After we all left, we went to the "Ishikawa sake & beer brewery"!
That was Shay's & Sora's choice from last year, and it was GREAT!!!!!
We only drank beer, and ate pizza, and salad, amongst other things from the menu, but the atmosphere was spectacular – not too hot, not too cold… perfect "beer-drinking-weather!"

The ride home was a little wobbly, but everyone handled themselves fine.
12-14 of us went weaving through Tokyo traffic after a "beer-fest"… and we did pretty well!!!
"okey" rode back with "I LUV TEXAS" – we got worried about you guys about half way to Shinjuku… But, glad you made it home OK!
Sora turned right onto Rte.16, to head towards Yokohama…
Thomas turned off at "Kanpachi-dori"...
And the remaining 10 of us all got to Shinjuku, from where we went our separate ways home.

All in all, A REALLY GREAT DAY OF CYCLING / BEER DRINKING!
Travis

Thanks

Thomas, Travis & Shay,
Thanks for setting up this tour! I really enjoyed the ride and the quick spin around the airfield.
The airshow was fun and supper at the Ishikawa brewery was superb! Great choice!
Riding in the dark in Tokyo traffic is not normally something I enjoy much but in a big, fast rolling group with all our lights blinking away it was quite a buzz!

Cheers again...
AW.
Ishikawa :beer:====>:run01::run01::run01::run01::run01::run01::run01::run01::run01:=====>Shinkjuku

Ishikawa Brewery

Guys I want to let you know, I fell in love with this brewery many year's ago, we must go again.....LOL. Great day!

Great fun

Just to echo everyone's thoughts.. thanks for a great day... I enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone. Was a bit surreal to go a place where you spent important years of your life - almost 30 years later.

It was particularly fun to ride around the flight line and see all the spots where my friends had impromptu run in with fences, light posts, and other hard to find obstacles around the 90 degree turns - back in the day when we were honing our driving skills :cop:

Thanks to Shay to pointing out all of changes at Yokota and my initiation to the brewery. What a place....

BTW, has anyone else in TCC noticed that Travis picks up the pace to well past 40kph right before a cigarette/beer break?

BTW, has anyone else in TCC noticed that Travis picks up the pace to well past 40kph right before a cigarette/beer break?

That's what it was:rolleyes: there were times when I was worried about my age finally catching up on me!:susp:

That's what it was:rolleyes: there were times when I was worried about my age finally catching up on me!:susp:

Come on guys!... I was just gettin' thirsty:road03::beer2:
T

yes, I have noticed that, it is the best time to have a sprint with him...:D

ash

Back
Top Bottom