What's new

Lrrb.......

BTW - if that's your final fit - I'm rather proud of myself for suggesting that size :) It's basically textbook.

BTW - if that's your final fit - I'm rather proud of myself for suggesting that size :) It's basically textbook.

It will require some tweaking, I think the saddle might want to go up a touch, maybe 3-5mm, but I'm waiting on that for now, I need to ride it a bit. The first 10 minutes or so I thought the reach out to the hoods was really long, but soon I feel much more comfortable on the bike and looking at the fit sheet that I got done at Y's Shinjuku I could maybe even use a slightly longer stem, part of that might be that the Brooks B17 saddle does not go back as far as it should...? :confused: I might end up buying a black Brooks Swift saddle and put this B17 back on the Cannondale :cool:

Basically Tim, you nailed it! :D

Stu--perhaps too late now, but if memory serves, on my ancient Peugeot the Reynolds sticker on the seat tube was up top next to the top tube, not down low as you have placed it.

I know you're not trying to trick anyone, but as long as you're going to the trouble to make it appear authentic...

John D.

Stu--perhaps too late now, but if memory serves, on my ancient Peugeot the Reynolds sticker on the seat tube was up top next to the top tube, not down low as you have placed it.

I know you're not trying to trick anyone, but as long as you're going to the trouble to make it appear authentic...

John D.

I did not know that, and yeah, it is too late, but you are also correct that I'm not trying to trick anyone, just confuse some :D
Besides, a really close look will show the stickers are on top of the clear coat :eek:

Tim (GSAsuto) came by tonight and took it for a spin, and I think he likes it!

In fact the two Tims are down in the Dungeon right as I type building wheels! :cool:

Man. For all the wonderful things you guys do for me, I don't think I'll ever be able to un-bury myself, in terms of karma. Thanks for the help with the wheels. Once we finish them, There won't be anything left to change on my bike.

Man. For all the wonderful things you guys do for me, I don't think I'll ever be able to un-bury myself, in terms of karma. Thanks for the help with the wheels. Once we finish them, There won't be anything left to change on my bike.

You are kidding right..... ;) :D

I rode the Lrrb today down to the hospital for a check up (yes, still no problems!!) boy that bike is sure a lot easier to ride than the old Cannondale!

On Yasukuni Dori in front of the JSDF headquarters I pedaled hard and hit 37Km/h which I have never been able to do on the Cannondale on flat road.

I also beat my old record (just) to the hospital with ease on the Lrrb, I was not going hard at all. When I last set the record on the Cannondale I was going as hard as I could, flat out, but today I was just doing a good pace.

Yes, I'm very much liking this bike, but, I could maybe use a slightly longer stem, we shall see.

Thanks again to all who helped me out with this project.

Cheers!

Definitely a nice balanced ride. Next thing you'll probably hang a trailer hitch on it! I'd keep the stem where it is for awhile - especially as you build conditioning and time in the saddle. Maybe you wanna join me for Tues / Thurs Palace laps :) 6.30am roughly. I'll get 2 of those in this week. Good for an early morning lipolysis kickstart. No breakfast - just drink 2 large glasses of water and hit the road. A few laps later and you're body is in hard core fat burn mode.

Definitely a nice balanced ride. Next thing you'll probably hang a trailer hitch on it!
Not a chance, the Mixer does the whole trailer thing so well, I'm not messing with it!

GSAstuto said:
I'd keep the stem where it is for awhile - especially as you build conditioning and time in the saddle.
Yes, it will stay for a while, I want to make sure it is too short before I spend more money. You are correct about conditioning, I know I need that, I am working on it, but maybe I do need to work harder.....

GSAstuto said:
Maybe you wanna join me for Tues / Thurs Palace laps :) 6.30am roughly. I'll get 2 of those in this week. Good for an early morning lipolysis kickstart. No breakfast - just drink 2 large glasses of water and hit the road. A few laps later and you're body is in hard core fat burn mode.

Where do we meet :D

That is very early for me, I often do not get off work until 1 AM, but could do the laps, then go home and sleep some more.....

Bloody hell, wait until I tell my lovely wife :eek: :rolleyes: :D
Which way do you do your lap, clockwise or counter clockwise?

I got up and I went!

OK, it was not 6:30AM more like 6:40AM when I left my house, but I rode at a good pace to the palace and then rode two laps. The first lap was about 11min 30 seconds, I then stopped and waited about 8 minutes, thinking that if Tim was out there going around he would surely go by me in that time. I did not see you Tim, did I miss you? I then rode the second lap, and I tried very hard, I did that lap in 10min 30 seconds, average of 29.3 Km/hr. I started the lap at the point where Shinjuku Dori Tees into Uchibori dori and went counter clockwise. I my cycle computer shows that as being 5.11 Km.

What a way to start the day :D

I think I'll try to do this twice a week too..... "try" :eek:

Hi Stu - make sure you give me a call! Hmm, maybe I did see you once, but I was about finished with my laps by 7.40 ish.. I left the house a little later than normal as I was doing some work things first. Yes - I follow basically the same route - at the 'T' - I turn right and go CCW around the course. That allows for a small uphill gradient approaching the motorway (stay right and go over the top), then finally a slight uphill sprint back to the 'T'. I usually do the slope-to-T standing so I can get the interval combo and adjust intensity as I want. 10min is a good pace! Especially if you have to stop a few times for the lights.

I wood have to argue that Wood is Real, I can laminate all day on the benifits but no doubt a lot of you will birch on about the the topic and ash out some more poplar theroies as why steel is beeter.

At the end of the day is a load of hemlock!

I'll get my clear coat.

I wood have to argue that Wood is Real, I can laminate all day on the benifits but no doubt a lot of you will birch on about the the topic and ash out some more poplar theroies as why steel is beeter.

At the end of the day is a load of hemlock!

I'll get my clear coat.

I'll Shellac you on this subject, no oak about it, so just you cedar here young man, be straight grained with me about this locust notion that steel is tange with cromoly butting, while we all know it is prestige!
Fir your information, watch your timber while yew teak and beech about this hornbeamed notion, elm not cottonwood to your spruced up talk of pining and larching around all day.

Alder we cherry now, or will there be bloodwood..... :D

Back
Top Bottom